Town: Somerset
Boat name: Ashling
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: Mercury 225
Shaun White Ocean Dynamics

Sad news indeed

Dear friends and colleagues of Shaun

It is with an enormously heavy heart that I have to pass on the news that Shaun has died.

I realise that this will be a huge shock to most of you, who didn't even know that he was ill but that is the way Shaun wanted it and I was charged with respecting that decision until the end. He had been diagnosed with cancer, which in the first instance was very treatable and with a prognosis of 20 years plus. Sadly and very unfairly, Shaun recently developed a second primary tumour, which was untreatable and which caused his rapid demise over the last two months. In his own inimitable style, Shaun conquered all of the doubts and fears to which any normal mortal would succumb and faced his fate with dignity, serenity and an absolute certainty of a better world to come after his death and of course, charmed all of the nursing staff along the way! He died peacefully at home with Kila, his new friend and myself holding his hands on Friday evening, 14th July.

His Funeral will be held at 10am on Thursday, 20th July at St. Davids Cathedral and you would all be most welcome to attend if you feel you would like to.

His family and I are obviously devastated at this turn of events and there is much to do in a very short space of time before Thursday but please telephone if you wish to talk to me, as I am fully aware of the pain this news will cause to so many of you.

With kind regards

Adele

www.henshaw.co.uk
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2006, 16:20   #2

Town: helston
Boat name: pressman
Make: Carson 900
Length: 9m +
Engine: twin 370 yanmar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher
Sad news indeed

Dear friends and colleagues of Shaun

It is with an enormously heavy heart that I have to pass on the news that Shaun has died.

I realise that this will be a huge shock to most of you, who didn't even know that he was ill but that is the way Shaun wanted it and I was charged with respecting that decision until the end. He had been diagnosed with cancer, which in the first instance was very treatable and with a prognosis of 20 years plus. Sadly and very unfairly, Shaun recently developed a second primary tumour, which was untreatable and which caused his rapid demise over the last two months. In his own inimitable style, Shaun conquered all of the doubts and fears to which any normal mortal would succumb and faced his fate with dignity, serenity and an absolute certainty of a better world to come after his death and of course, charmed all of the nursing staff along the way! He died peacefully at home with Kila, his new friend and myself holding his hands on Friday evening, 14th July.

His Funeral will be held at 10am on Thursday, 20th July at St. Davids Cathedral and you would all be most welcome to attend if you feel you would like to.

His family and I are obviously devastated at this turn of events and there is much to do in a very short space of time before Thursday but please telephone if you wish to talk to me, as I am fully aware of the pain this news will cause to so many of you.

With kind regards

Adele
Sorry to hear that Chris.

Regards,

Steve Harvey.
Fawley Marine.
Old 17 July 2006, 18:06   #3

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
That's terrible news - I spoke to him a few months ago on the phone and he seemed great. I was going to call down and see him. Now I will never get the opportunity - something I will ALWAYS regret.

Although I never met him personally a few of my mates have and said he was a great guy. He really was a great innovator in the world of RIBs - his Ocean Dynamics boats are the best around for the really rough stuff.

I think Shaun has to be credited with being probably the first to run "ocean rafting" style thrill rides. He really did give the pax a thrill - seen a few of his boats full to the tubes with white water - never a problem though as they had no transoms.

http://www.ribworker.com/

Have a look at some of these serious boats - just as a tribute to the bloke if nothing else!!!

Wonder what happens to the company now - will anyone else carry on with it?
Old 22 July 2006, 21:17   #4

Town: West Sussex
Length: no boat
Having been away I had missed this thead and the sad news about Shaun. The later thread Great video tribute to Shaun White had promted me to do a search and the news has shocked me. I had known Shaun for a few years and found him an exceptional person. A true ribster who had done more for jets ribs then anyone will ever do. I am sure that those who had the privilege to know him will agree. A great loss to the rib community. He will be missed.
Old 22 July 2006, 21:24   #5

Length: no boat
I met Sean quite a few times when he was over this way for shows etc. Haven't seen him for a year and never knew he was ill.

My sincerest condolences to his family.....

Keith Hardy