Old 10 October 2010, 08:51   #1

Town: Cornwall
Length: no boat
Selling to Holland

I seem to remember somewhere on here someone sold either a Rib or an engine to a company in Holland?
I'm selling a 07 Opti and have had an offer from a chap called Jan Geense from Aquawatersport.nl, the company name also seems to ring a bell with me but can't find anything on the forum. He's given me a few references of traders he deals with over here but was wondering if anyone on here knew of them or any experience of selling to holland?
Old 10 October 2010, 21:05   #2

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: Thunder
Make: Halmatic Arctic 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 2 x 150 Etec
Yep, he bought two 115 Fichts from me, paid straight away and sent someone to pick the engines up within a week.
Old 10 October 2010, 21:09   #3

Ah ideal, thanks for that
Old 10 October 2010, 21:12   #4
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
From one who is currently buying an engine at distance, the question: Surely the seller is the "safe" party? If you get paid, where is the risk?
Old 10 October 2010, 21:31   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
From one who is currently buying an engine at distance, the question: Surely the seller is the "safe" party? If you get paid, where is the risk?
Yea I know, no money no engine, I take your point but in these days of forged bank drafts, western union scams and 'I'll send you a cheque for 10k you send the engines and the change' etc. It's a bit easier to deal closer to home, that said I've had a positive response from GordyP which cost me nothing but a few swipes of a keyboard to obtain and am now happier to deal with the buyer which is better for me, and him.
Old 10 October 2010, 21:46   #6
RIBnet Supporter

Point taken, I hadn't considered time wasters. I wouldn't entertain anything less than an interbank transfer, Paypal or cash.
Old 10 October 2010, 21:55   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Point taken, I hadn't considered time wasters. I wouldn't entertain anything less than an interbank transfer, Paypal or cash.
cash is of course good but I was speaking to a really nice guy way up in Scotland who is a prospective buyer too, he suggested bank transfer, I do have a business that can take a credit/debit card, I mentioned to him that paying on his credit card may well give him some insurance on the item. Paypal is a no for me because of 'seller fees' although on my last couple of puchases I was asked to mark my payment as 'gift' which attracts no fees?
Old 10 October 2010, 22:28   #8
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernow View Post
Paypal is a no for me because of 'seller fees' although on my last couple of puchases I was asked to mark my payment as 'gift' which attracts no fees?
Not as I understand it. With Gift - you can chose to pay the fee for them, or let the recipient pay the fee but someone is still paying [it may depend if you have a balance in your account or are paying by c/card?]. The downside is credit card charge backs may not be so easy if you send a gift, i.e. little or no protection?
Old 11 October 2010, 09:30   #9

Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Engine: Honda BF50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernow View Post
cash is of course good but I was speaking to a really nice guy way up in Scotland who is a prospective buyer too, he suggested bank transfer, I do have a business that can take a credit/debit card, I mentioned to him that paying on his credit card may well give him some insurance on the item. Paypal is a no for me because of 'seller fees' although on my last couple of puchases I was asked to mark my payment as 'gift' which attracts no fees?
You can make a paypal payment without lnvolving ebay. Use the 'send money' tab and click on 'services' not 'ebay item'. The buyer will only need your paypal connected email address. There will be a paypal transfer fee only to pay.