Old 29 May 2013, 17:04   #1

Town: Southampton
Make: Ballistic
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam 225
Seat Config

I am considering replacing my single console/seat for a side by side set up with a separate console.

Next time anyone is on their boat with a tape handy could you let me know the spacing between the seats and the console base width so i can figure if i have sufficient overall space to make the change.

Thanks

Starovich
Old 29 May 2013, 17:27   #2
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
RIBase
Given that yours is quite a narrow boat and (unless I'm confused) you're about the same size as me, it's probably impractical without tripping over anyone next to you.

Even on Whisper's RC585, it's a bit snug.Yours is narrower. For what it's worth it's only just enough for me on the Ballistic, and the seats are set to the width of the console. They're about 18" back from the console and about 14" apart if I remember correctly-it was all measured as it went in.

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2013, 19:26   #3
RIBnet supporter

Town: Dinard, Brittany
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos4r2 View Post
Given that yours is quite a narrow boat and (unless I'm confused) you're about the same size as me, it's probably impractical without tripping over anyone next to you.

Even on Whisper's RC585, it's a bit snug.Yours is narrower. For what it's worth it's only just enough for me on the Ballistic, and the seats are set to the width of the console. They're about 18" back from the console and about 14" apart if I remember correctly-it was all measured as it went in.
Old 29 May 2013, 20:27   #4

Boat name: Carpe Diem
Make: Ribeye 650S
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha F150
Asked the same question myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starovich View Post
I am considering replacing my single console/seat for a side by side set up with a separate console.

Next time anyone is on their boat with a tape handy could you let me know the spacing between the seats and the console base width so i can figure if i have sufficient overall space to make the change.

Thanks

Starovich
Hi, if you look at my project you will see that I also went for a double helm and 4 x jockey seats on my humber destroyer which only has a 2.28m beam / width. I also asked the same question and didn't get an answer but I have made a decision for it to be the following dimensions. 35cms from console to base of 1st row of seats and then 35 cms gap between seats (i.e. 17.5cms from centre line of deck). The outer leg is quite close to the tubes but there is enough room to put my feet in front of console if I'm not comfortable. The second row of seats will be the same set up as the first row but there will be more room for outer leg as they are closer to the transom ann obviously the deck is wider.

Hope this helps!!
Old 29 May 2013, 20:34   #5
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
RIBase
Note the kid at the helm of the Searider is quite small, and he's almost sat on the seat next to him.

If you're going to try it, it's got to be worth mocking it up with cardboard boxes in the garage to see if you'll be comfortable.

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2013, 20:51   #6
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos4r2 View Post
Note the kid at the helm of the Searider is quite small...
Not a Gotchi then. For a "side by side" to work, one needs to be able to have two boots side by side in the middle section and enough space on the outside for the lower leg not to be squeezed by the tube under way.