Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07 November 2010, 13:17   #1
Country: USA
Town: St Petersburg, FL
Boat name: Typsy Gypsy (Dinghy)
Make: Sea Bowld
Length: under 3m
Engine: None
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1
Sea Bowld RIB

I just acquired a 9ft rigid inflatable by trade. The brand name on it is Sea Bowld. I'm having a difficult time finding any information on these. Can anyone tell me where/when these were made; their quality, any problems?

Also, I noticed that above the primary drain hole in the transom, there is another drain plug just below - as if the fiberglass hull is actually hollow. Does this mean that this boat is water ballasted, or is it just for draining any water that might intrude into the hull?

Bwhiddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 November 2010, 13:39   #2
martini's Avatar
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: jersey
Boat name: Martini II
Make: Arctic 28/FC470
Length: 8m +
Engine: twin 225Opti/50hp 2t
MMSI: 235067688
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,023
Never heard of it. Certainly didn't originate from this side of the pond. Are you sure that is the manufacturers name and not the boat name?

The lower bung is for draining water out of the inside of the hull, it will always find a way in no matter how hard you try to stop it.
martini is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:55.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.