Old 08 May 2012, 19:38   #1

Make: Ribquest
Length: 7m +
Engine: 250 Suzuki
Ribquest

About 18months ago I started looking seriously about changing my Avon 580, as part of my research I joined several rib forums to access genuine
consumers comments, experiences and advice.
It was about this time that Ribquest ( one of several manufacturers I was looking at ) became Skua Ribquest. Unsurprisingly allot of threads on these forums were full of rumor and speculation.
In this thread I just want to pass on what I have found out about Skua Ribquest which may just help someone else as they go about making the very personal and costly decision over what rib to get!.

My first contact was with Dave Rose, He had a good reputation within the industry and was building the Ribquest brand based on quality & craftsmanship. Fortunately Dave Rose is still a integral part of the factory at Skua Ribquest as the technical adviser .

The MD is Dave Brown is very much hands on, the twice I have been to the factory he has been on the factory floor getting his hands dirty!
On speaking to him it is clear that he is there to build on the reputation started by Dave Rose.

The fitters/engineers on the shop floor are knowledgeable and fastidious when it comes to workmanship, this is evident in both my ribs build photos and from watching the guys work.

The sales team Gary and Adam are the guys I have been and are dealing with the most. They are proof that good costumer service is not a thing of the past.

I am not suggesting for one second that that when looking for a new rib you only look at Skua Ribquest. All I want to do is put the record straight and say that Ribquest is a manufacturer that is certainly worth a look at before you make your final decision.