Old 07 October 2014, 16:11   #1

Length: 4m +
Ribeye A500 2006

hey guys

i am looking to buy a 2006 ribeye a500 with a yamaha 80 4-stroke on the back, i was just wondering if any one has had experience on one? with good and bad points and what sort of fuel usage and speed ill be looking at with the 80?

cheers!
Old 08 October 2014, 20:16   #2

Town: Copenhagen
Make: Ribeye
Length: 6m +
Engine: 115hp OB
Hi - I don't know about the fuel and speed. The engine and rib hull are pretty good and well proven. If you can try it and also something like a ribcraft of similar size. I would say it is a good sea keeping hull (for the size) , handles well - like a bigger rib really, but this hull and tubes give a slightly 'wet' ride. You won't go far wrong, but try a few different ones if you can. I tested a ribeye 550 and own a 600. Although not to all tastes I think they compare well to the other choices when you actually try a few out. Re sale value pretty good too.note: ribeye made significant improvement in A series around 2006 I think - hull and transom. Worth googling to see if your possible one is pre or post these changes. Before the changes they were less well constructed and finished I believe. Richard

Tags
rib