Old 04 April 2013, 22:04   #1

Length: no boat
Engine: 135Hp 2stroke
MMSI: 3596
Ribeye 725 & Yamaha Vmax 150 Any good?

Hi, I'm looking at swapping my 4x4 for a Ribeye 725 & Yamaha Vmax 150 crp, does anyone have any info on this type of Rib, looking around its hard to find any info.
Also can anyone tell me what the crp stands for and is a 150hp 2stroke still a good engine for todays standards.. it has a full service history.

Thanks
Old 04 April 2013, 22:24   #2

Town: Dartmouth
Length: 6m +
Hi
The 725 and 625 were the original Pete Kidd designed hulls which were built in the UK. Narrow beamed and the 725 had a stepped transom which made it a bit if a handful at first but loads of fun once you got the hang of it. This boat will obviously be getting on a bit now as Ribeye have not manufactured in the UK for about the last ten years.
I think the CRP may have been mistaken for TRP which means twin rotation prop on the 150 VMax engine.
Old 04 April 2013, 22:30   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribraff View Post
Hi
The 725 and 625 were the original Pete Kidd designed hulls which were built in the UK. Narrow beamed and the 725 had a stepped transom which made it a bit if a handful at first but loads of fun once you got the hang of it. This boat will obviously be getting on a bit now as Ribeye have not manufactured in the UK for about the last ten years.
I think the CRP may have been mistaken for TRP which means twin rotation prop on the 150 VMax engine.

Thank you, yeah the boat is a 99 model but has been in a shed for 5yrs of its life if I have read the info correct, if I post a photo here do you think a ruff idea of value is possible if that's allowed here. Thanks again
Old 04 April 2013, 22:36   #4

Peter who posts as boatsandoutboards is probably your best bet on a valuation. I wouldn't have a clue!
Old 04 April 2013, 22:40   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribraff View Post
Peter who posts as boatsandoutboards is probably your best bet on a valuation. I wouldn't have a clue!

Thanks! I only have a off side photo but will post it here in a bit incase.. Im only after a very ruff idea.. Thanks again
Old 04 April 2013, 22:45   #6

Old 04 April 2013, 22:52   #7

Town: Plymouth
I'd take a guess at its asking price (not value) being around £13,000. I think I've seen it for sale for a while in Devon ? Or am I thinking about a different on.

Its value is quite subjective and very much dependant on condition, spec, history etc. I don't think its the best of matched packages in terms of engines for that hull. Its better suited to a pure racing or speed boat. Not exactly the most refined engines for leisure use. It will be fun though!!!

Peter @ Boatsandoutboards4sale ~ www.BoatsandOutboards4Sale.co.uk ~ 07930 421007
Old 04 April 2013, 23:35   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boats&Outboards View Post
I'd take a guess at its asking price (not value) being around £13,000. I think I've seen it for sale for a while in Devon ? Or am I thinking about a different on.

Its value is quite subjective and very much dependant on condition, spec, history etc. I don't think its the best of matched packages in terms of engines for that hull. Its better suited to a pure racing or speed boat. Not exactly the most refined engines for leisure use. It will be fun though!!!

Peter @ Boatsandoutboards4sale ~ www.BoatsandOutboards4Sale.co.uk ~ 07930 421007
Thank you again That will do me, I was thinking between 10-14k with it having a 2Stroke but still a nice size and setup for the year and it looks to be very clean,

I have a Osprey Eagle at the minute and would like something a little newer and able to get me to UK or Ireland on a nice summers day, with my motor been a 87 Murc 135 but I'm always thinking its about to die on me.

Apart from the 2stroke putting me off its the seating, I have 4 jockey seats at the minute and enjoy the jumps but I'm not sure how the Ribeye would be in a little ruff weather crossing the Irish sea

The boat is on the Isle of Man.
Old 05 April 2013, 06:50   #9

I'm not sure how comfortable that hull would be long distance either. The current 785 Ribeye hull is basically a wider beamed version of the 725 so I guess there is some comparison as the running surfaces are the same, it's the stepped transom that is different.
I definitely would recommend a sea trial before buying but I guess that goes without saying!
Old 05 April 2013, 20:16   #10

Boat name: TIDEL III
Make: AVON SEARIDER
take it for a sea trial you might be pleasantly surprised
Old 05 April 2013, 20:25   #11

Town: Wickford, Essex
Boat name: Wanderer
Make: Ribeye, Zodiac FR
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yamaha F300, 25 2S
MMSI: 235095667
Have a read of the review at

http://powerboatandrib.com/boattests...beye-625s-725s

It may help you decide.
Old 07 April 2013, 14:31   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul tilley View Post
take it for a sea trial you might be pleasantly surprised
Cheers I will, Do you think I'm mad doing s swap for a 13k car or would I be best trying to sell the car and find a 4stroke rib in Uk, I'm starting to think a 99 model boat and motor is a lot for £13k or would I get some life out of it yet. Thanks
Old 07 April 2013, 14:35   #13

Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crezzlin View Post
Do you think I'm mad doing s swap for a 13k car or would I be best trying to sell the car and find a 4stroke rib in Uk, I'm starting to think that £13k is a lot for a 99 Ribeye........
Yep.