Old 12 June 2005, 18:38   #61

Town: Breda
Make: Scorpion
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude 250 DI
We had a great time at Ribex. Good to meet so many nice people en see so many great Ribs.Took us about 8 hours to get there from Gravelines, France, with two Ribs. Louis and Rita with a Osprey Viper 7 m and Bart, Romy, Corry and me Mark with a Scorpion 7.5.
Yes that was us refuelling on saterday morning, allmost 380 litres. The gasstation had to switch over to another pump as the first one was finished after some time.
On our way back on sunday morning I had an alarm going off after about one hour. And the engine went down to 1800 revs. leaving us with 15 km/hr. My first thought was water and dirt in the fuel from the gasstation!
It took us 5 hours in a rough sea to get to Brighton harbour. Immediate after arival everyone started to offer help. Many thanks to everyone. And indeed after five days a new voltage regulator, send over from Belgium, was put in. (Nothing wrong with the fuel).
By the way, while waiting for the repairs in Brighton Marina we met Louise and Richard again as they passed by on their way to Ramsgate. Also Danny on his way back home!
We left Brighton on saterday and arrived safe in France after 5 hours.
Pictures will follow.
Old 13 June 2005, 06:26   #62

Town: friesland
Boat name: smokkelaer
Make: revenger
Length: 7m +
Engine: 225 Optimax
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkM
We had a great time at Ribex. Good to meet so many nice people en see so many great Ribs.Took us about 8 hours to get there from Gravelines, France, with two Ribs. Louis and Rita with a Osprey Viper 7 m and Bart, Romy, Corry and me Mark with a Scorpion 7.5.
Yes that was us refuelling on saterday morning, allmost 380 litres. The gasstation had to switch over to another pump as the first one was finished after some time.
On our way back on sunday morning I had an alarm going off after about one hour. And the engine went down to 1800 revs. leaving us with 15 km/hr. My first thought was water and dirt in the fuel from the gasstation!
It took us 5 hours in a rough sea to get to Brighton harbour. Immediate after arival everyone started to offer help. Many thanks to everyone. And indeed after five days a new voltage regulator, send over from Belgium, was put in. (Nothing wrong with the fuel).
By the way, while waiting for the repairs in Brighton Marina we met Louise and Richard again as they passed by on their way to Ramsgate. Also Danny on his way back home!
We left Brighton on saterday and arrived safe in France after 5 hours.
Pictures will follow.
So, that was the litle bugger.
Glad to hear you made it.

Danny.