Town: Kildonan, Arran
Boat name: Cowal (& Bennan)
Make: Quinquari Humber/RC
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF150/DF175x2
MMSI: 235036953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave View Post
I'm asking why is it drastic and a real problem. I'm sorry I stopped the post a little early as I'm doing something else.I've since edited it, presumably whilst you were postinhg
In that case, my answer is "Yes."

As serious as I can be at this hour, I'm not sure what's in the construction either (must ask one day) and I've no intention of taking a disc cutter to Bennan to find out; but if moisture is found within the laminate (and/or the core which may or may not exist) then surely this is not a Good Thing?

And as for "doing something else", you have my sympathy - real life has an annoying habit of getting in the way of the important stuff sometimes...
Old 10 December 2009, 07:20   #22

Length: 9m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave View Post
Why? do you fear a crak in the hull?

Slep

you mention craning how does your boat lift. is it on an SPL, strops, cradle or on a fork lift. how much heavier (accounting for fuelload) is the boat after ingress Is it draining with the bungs or is it staying in and growing every time.

I don't think theres anything bio degradablein the core, but I think your boat may not have a core as such. (i.e A GRP sandwich construction with Blasa or foam as the sandwich ) Are you refering to the gap between the deck and the hull (Void)
Hey, thanks for all the suggestions.

Just some updates, I emailed Ribcraft and they have already got back to me. Really appreciate their fast response.

I know it sounds dumb but there isn't a bung on the craft now. For now, I am trying to find out if installing one will solve the problem (and not create other problems).
Old 10 December 2009, 08:43   #23

Town: swanwick/hamble
Boat name: stormchaser
Make: custom rib
Length: 8m +
Engine: inboard/diesel
just flicked through your postings, and craning was mentioned, we had a boat that was doing the same and we found that where they had craned it the hull had separated from the deck, go along the edge inside the boat under the tubes and see if there is any movement