Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27 September 2002, 21:14   #1
Country: UK - England
Town: Margate / Ramsgate
Boat name: Bumbl
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: Yanmar diesel
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,837

I know this site is called RIBnet, and manufacturers call them RIBs now but is the real term RHIB - Ridgid Hulled Inflatable Boat?

Answers on a poast card please...


Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2002, 09:33   #2
John Kennett's Avatar
Country: UK - England
Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 7,082
Rigid Inflatable Boat or Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat -- the choice is yours!

Either way it's not very helpful as people immediately think of a dinghy or yacht tender, and are very surpised when a ten metre 600hp beast hoves into view . . .

RIB seems to be used much more than RHIB which only seems to be in common usage in the US.

Neither is wrong. I prefer RIB

John Kennett is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT. The time now is 00:29.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.