Old 10 February 2015, 13:57   #21

Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwarner View Post
I work for Alan & Thomas Insurance Brokers so maybe a bit biased, however we have been very competitive for a number of forum members (me included) so feel free to give us a go.

I know John in the marine division is getting a trade account set up and is looking to put together a scheme for Ribnet users so watch this space.
Oh - do I know you ? I work there too !........

(work is a relative term of course ....I'm sat in a services doing work emails on my way back from Cambridgeshire ! )
Old 10 February 2015, 14:09   #22

Town: Beds/South coast
Make: Ribcraft 585
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yam 115
Westfield insurance for us. Had 1 claim with them & no problems. Good fair premium prices too!
Old 11 February 2015, 09:40   #23

Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
All - I'd echo what Matt has posted about what the company I work for are trying to set up for RIB insurance.

I know our guys have been speaking to JK about trade membership & I've been told its happening (so no worries there ! )

Our guy - John Friendship ( great name eh ! ) is happy to chat about your RIB insurance and there is something on the table that involves a -10% off your renewal quote.........

His number is 01202 754991 - email John.friendship@alan-thomas.co.uk

I'll be 100% clear - I work for the same company but there is nothing in this for me at all. I look after out aviation clients (although some of the wave jump on the cruises are high nothing gets to my desk boat wise)

Pete
Old 23 February 2015, 16:14   #24

Town: Porthcawl
Boat name: Unnamed
Make: Gemini Zap Cat
Length: 5m +
Engine: Outboard
For all the guys on the forum who think that an "agreed value plan" would pay out exactly what the sum insured shown on their schedules and in particular for second hand outboards, please read the following, there are only really 2 type of policies that you can purchase (whatever they are badged up as):

The Agreed value Policy is a traditional indemnity based contract. Insurers will therefore place you in the same position as prior to loss. The contract is based on the price paid for the vessel or a surveyor’s valuation, which becomes the agreed value's for all items (Including Hull, Trailer & Navigation Equipment) except the outboards within the policy.This type of policy has the benefit that insurers will pay out on this amount and will NOT make deductions for depreciation, inflation or currency fluctuation usually outboard engines are cover for their "Market value".

The Market Value policy is an unvalued policy and the value of the boat is not determined UNTIL loss. Usually an independent surveyor will be appointed by the Insurer to do this should the need arise. Caution should be noted on setting the market value too low, since, if you under insure the vessel against its true market value, Insurers will make an adjustment in the settlement of your claim if the total sum insured is considered inadequate at the time of loss or damage.
There is NO such policy for New for old

Tags
rib