Old 12 September 2010, 17:53   #1

Town: Leeds
Boat name: Bam Bam
Make: Zodiac YL-380-DL
Length: 3m +
Engine: Outboard, petrol, 40
Rib Friendly Holidays in UK

I am looking at compiling a list of rib friendly holiday cottages, hotels, static caravan sites, timeshare rentals, quiet campsites etc where a boat can either be moored safely nearby or kept securely on site and trailed a short distance to slip. I want to spend a couple of next years holidays where I can get daily use out of the boat for a full week with the family and not just have the odd weekend towing the boat hundreds of miles for a few hours fun only to be faced with the long haul back home. Your suggestions and experiences would be very welcome and I'm sure other members would find the info useful. Pictures and website links would be great if you want to share them. It may also be helpful to know if pets are welcome, I dont have a dog myself but I'm sure other members do. Many Thanks.

Cheers!
Old 12 September 2010, 17:59   #2

Town: bristol
Boat name: astra
Make: zodiac 340s
Engine: 15hp mariner
MMSI: 235905847
Pentewan sands they got static caravans and camping free electric on most pitches,top place we go every year private beach and slipway with assisted launch by tractor and wash down after use. Lovely place good club house i would reccomend, even if it is a bit of a drive.
Old 12 September 2010, 18:07   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Pentewan sands they got static caravans and camping free electric on most pitches,top place we go every year private beach and slipway with assisted launch by tractor and wash down after use. Lovely place good club house i would reccomend, even if it is a bit of a drive.
Thanks Astra, distance is no problem if its for a week or two so anywhere in the UK is fine. I'll do a bit of hunting on the web to get some more details of Pentewan sands and put it on my list. If I get enough suggestions I'll make the list available to members once compiled.

Cheers
Old 12 September 2010, 18:40   #4

Town: Bury
Boat name: O' ALCHEMY
Make: Honwave 3.8 IE
Engine: Honda 15hp 4 stroke
MMSI: 235905781
Hi, heres my favourite, been twice already with with and kids, going again next year.

campsite at Little Trevarrack, Carbis Bay, St. Ives, Cornwall

Visit www.littletrevarrack.co.uk

Fab site, very family friendly, very safe and secure and close to some great launch sites on both the North and South coast inc Hayle, Penzance, Marazion

Best wishes

Jake
Old 12 September 2010, 19:58   #5

Town: N. Pembrokeshire
Boat name: Various
Make: RIBs & Hovercraft
Length: 9m +
Engine: Outboards
MMSI: Various
RIBase
Blatant Plug alert!

Hi,

sorry if this a blatant plug, but check out the links....hope they speak for themselves

We have a large luxury self catering 6 / 7 bedroom, 4 bathroom self catering house in Cilgerran, W Wales.....we are about 2 /3 miles from a couple of launch sites to the beautiful N Pembs coast (tidal....work on 4 hour window) or as a base for wider N Pembs coastal exploration. Plenty of parking at the front for RIB.

Bottlenose Dolphins, Seal Colonies, Sea birds and amazing coastline (see our website for details /galleries)...http://razorbillribs.co.uk/

3 pubs, the Welsh Wildlife centre and Preseli Mountains on the doorstep for when you get blown out Salmon and Sewin fishing in season as well as otters on the Teifi below the house (if you get up early enough)

Virtual tour of the house here: http://www.westwalesholidaycottages....pref=cloverton

Dan

Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...17306504953480
Razorbill RIBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2010, 20:37   #6

Town: Cornwall
Length: 5m +
I'm not going to tell you about Penmarlam
http://www.penmarlampark.co.uk/index....htm~mainFrame
and the adjacent boat launcing facilities run by the Fowey Harbour Commissioners
http://www.foweyharbour.co.uk/penmarlamslipway.htm
in case it becomes too popular!
Old 13 September 2010, 13:51   #7

Town: winchester
Length: 7m +
Island harbour - Isle of Wight

http://www.hrdlettings.co.uk/propert...p?property=364
http://www.island-holiday-homes.net/...p?property=268
Old 13 September 2010, 17:39   #8

Brilliant! There are some cracking places to stay so far. Please keep the suggestions coming. I'm looking forward to next years holidays already!
Old 13 September 2010, 18:27   #9

Town: Argyll
Boat name: Puffin
Make: Humber Destroyer
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki 90
MMSI: 235075764
Well if distance is no problem then why would you not want to come to Scotland? You could do a lot worse than come to Argyll, some challenging tides, spectacular wildlife and scenery and loads of islands, beeches etc to explore. Try this place www.obanseilfarm.com who have their own launch site and pontoon. Its a great base for exploring, the Sound of Jura and Firth of Lorn are both easily accessible from the pontoon which is at the head of Seil Sound.
Old 13 September 2010, 19:46   #10
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
Well if distance is no problem then why would you not want to come to Scotland? You could do a lot worse than come to Argyll, some challenging tides, spectacular wildlife and scenery and loads of islands, beeches etc to explore. Try this place www.obanseilfarm.com who have their own launch site and pontoon. Its a great base for exploring, the Sound of Jura and Firth of Lorn are both easily accessible from the pontoon which is at the head of Seil Sound.
Shhhh...
Old 14 September 2010, 12:17   #11

Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Quote:
Wow. Looks awesome. especially the bothy! Now that would be an awesome ribnet meet up!! Group booking!
Old 14 September 2010, 12:19   #12

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cl...the_Bridge.jpg
Old 14 September 2010, 12:24   #13

http://www.gla.ac.uk/medicalgenetics...aking_seil.htm

very useful if anyone fancied it.
Old 14 September 2010, 13:32   #14

Town: Girvan & Tayvallich
Boat name: Breawatch
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 150 F/stroke
MMSI: ex directory!!
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL View Post
http://www.gla.ac.uk/medicalgenetics...aking_seil.htm

very useful if anyone fancied it.
Naw you wouldn't like it atall!! :

You would meet to many of your Scottish ribbers if your were to come to our 'turf' sorry 'surf'

All joking aside I fully endorse what Puffin has said in terms of good boating ,sights, pubs, grub and slips it is hard to beat her on the west coast. But we do like to keep it to ourselves hence Polwart's comment.

J
Member of SABS ( Scottish West Division)
jambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2010, 18:07   #15

Quote:
Scotland... I love the place and the people and it's well worth the haul. I know it's nothing like the coast but in July this year I trailed the boat and stayed at Tigh Mor in the Trossachs and did four full days on Loch Lomond. It was absolutely brilliant and ideal for my small boat but the reason I'm looking for holiday places for next year is that the Zodiac is up for sale to be replaced with a more sea worthy Ribcraft 4.8 then I'll be up for taking on a larger range of coastal waters. So, ideas for Scotland are more than welcome. I might even get to meet Polwart! Cheers!
Old 14 September 2010, 18:10   #16

Quote:
Wow. Looks awesome. especially the bothy! Now that would be an awesome ribnet meet up!! Group booking!
I agree... Fantastic... When we going?
Old 14 September 2010, 21:08   #17

Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
captain p4vwl

Quote:
ok paul i just nominated you... mr wikipedia... you could organise it when do you have in mind ?
B.S. LEADER
tony t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2010, 21:32   #18

Lol

Cheers Tony!

I was only this morning on my way to work thinking of organizing a cruise, but closer to home and easy for everyone in many weathers, small boats, sibs and southerners included!

Early next spring to start us off. Menai straits with access at porth daniel. (would speak to prior) or many other locations near accessible from A55/M6. Travelling either NE or SW dependent on wind direction. If nice we get to morfa nefyn or llandwyn island for BBQ one way, or red wharf/moelfre the other. If awful we get to caernarvon or puffin for playtime in waves ensuring everyone safe and plenty of pub stops for lunches. Perhaps a buffet at gazelle. I know the landlady.

Promise I'll post over Xmas to organize for April ish.

Be good to get all out for fun and support. Then the next day if nice perhaps round island or llyn peninsula
Old 14 September 2010, 21:38   #19

Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
yea on

Quote:
Cheers Tony!

I was only this morning on my way to work thinking of organizing a cruise, but closer to home and easy for everyone in many weathers, small boats, sibs and southerners included!

Early next spring to start us off. Menai straits with access at porth daniel. (would speak to prior) or many other locations near accessible from A55/M6. Travelling either NE or SW dependent on wind direction. If nice we get to morfa nefyn or llandwyn island for BBQ one way, or red wharf/moelfre the other. If awful we get to caernarvon or puffin for playtime in waves ensuring everyone safe and plenty of pub stops for lunches. Perhaps a buffet at gazelle. I know the landlady.

Promise I'll post over Xmas to organize for April ish.

Be good to get all out for fun and support. Then the next day if nice perhaps round island or llyn peninsula
count be in paul thats a deffo
will get markq to come along should have his rib finished by then
so thats 3 so far
B.S. LEADER
tony t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2010, 21:44   #20

There does appear to be a lot from the midlands wales and north west ish that go to Anglesey, so numbers should be good. It's only a day trip for many too. So not too much faffing about. But steady Tony, let's not hijack the thread!!