Old 10 March 2007, 22:01   #1

Town: Poole
Boat name: Ouba of the Camber
Make: Cobra
Length: 8m +
Engine: Inboard diesel 315hp
rib covers+simrad rd68 mic

went to see the boat for the first time this year - boat cover's off and beyond repair - anyone able to recomed high quality cover manufacturers that do bespoke covers - like the idea of 3 or 4 separate covers rather than the one unmanageable tent (try putting it on by yourself in a breeze!). Also, probably due to being uncovered the VHF is broken - can receive ok, but can't transmit, suspect it is the mic button, anyone know where I might be able to get a replacement mic?
Some of you may remember I stuffed this in early 2006 off Hurst Castle and filled it with water - lost most of last year but now back with c 14,000gph of bilge pumps (deck too low for elephant tubes I was told and I am determined to ensure engine bay never fills up again even if stuffed), completely rewired, batteries raised and in boxes, re upholstered, engine stripped etc etc. Insurance company very reasonable (paying out almost £10K), which surprised me as I didn't get an estimate (couldn't get!).
Anyhow, the VHF is, after a life jacket, the most important safety equiipment so I'll replace if I have to but more aggravation with cutting holes in console etc, so happier to try replacing mic.
Many of you were very helpful when I was looking at what to do with boat after accident-thanks in advance to anyone who can help with above.