So an update so far...
Glue was fully removed and the gel coat was filled and smoothed. Finally found some glue removed that actually melted the glue so it just wiped off!
I ended up just using some hempel paint because the gel coat was in such good condition underneath.
Impressed with the paint! Cheap, quick and easy to do. I just used a roller and a brush for the edges. No artistic skill needed and it still dried to a perfect gloss.
I've now refitted all the seats, rewired in all the speakers and the AMP.
Plan for the ski hatches goes as...
Rear piece I have some spare super light weight floor from my old thundercat.
And for the front piece I'll just glass some ply, using batons to strengthen if needed.
Will then smooth and just paint over both.
Getting the seadek fitted beginning of next month hopefully!