Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > RIBs & ribbing
Click Here to Login

Old 22 January 2023, 11:55   #1

Make: Ribeye
Length: 5m +
Realistic selling price expectations

Would anyone on here have any suggestions on the approximate value of my 2005 Ribeye A500 in the current market? I’m looking to upgrade to a 6m rib but have no idea what I should expect to sell mine for.

It’s very clean, never antifouled and was kept on a trailer before I bought it and put it on drystack. Tubes are in good condition with one small professionally fitted patch, and they hold air well.

Engine is a 2003 Yamaha F80 that has 340 hours on it and had a full service including belts and carb clean and balance last June with only 30 odd hours on it since.

It has a Garmin plotter fitted and I had a new Lowrance VHF fitted last April. It comes with a Ribeye full mooring cover and an outboard cover plus fenders, anchor, paddles etc. but no trailer.

I appreciate now is not the best time to be selling if you want to get the most money, but would welcome your suggestions on what would be a realistic price!
Old 22 January 2023, 12:38   #2

Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: S/R5.4/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: Suzukidf70 2x6lp 315
David Anderson marine in Dundee (Davie here on the forum) just sold the same boat with similar spec for £6k just a few weeks ago. A friend of mine also posted a wanted add on here which maybe worth looking for once you decide on a price as he wants that specific boat

Sent from my SM-G950F using RIB Net mobile app
Old 23 January 2023, 10:19   #3

Town: Nottinghamshire
Boat name: Wakey
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mariner 75 2 stroke
Is that the white hull with grey tubes? The old ribeye logo? (Picture of an eye)
The lack of trailer may slow your sale up a little, as being a 5m the idea being that most will be able to tow launch and recover solo and you don't have the extra cost of dry stack or mooring. It sound like you have good history on your outboard and it's low hours too...the fact you have covers is a bonus.
I think 6k is low ball as ribeye have a good following.
Right now without trailer 7.5k would look about right but 9-10k with trailer should be achieved. The addition of a trailer may not give you heaps more money it will help to sell it.....so i think it's 100% worth investing in one.
I'm no expert and some on here may give you a clearer idea as some even work in this business. I just spend far too much time looking at the classifieds lol.
Good luck with your sale.
Old 24 January 2023, 07:12   #4

Town: portsmouth
Boat name: Hullabaloo
Make: Humber
Length: 8m +
Engine: 225 Optimax
RIBase
^^^^ What he said - good advice