Old 15 October 2020, 19:25   #121

Town: Surrey
Boat name: ocean pro 6.3
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Engine: 140hp suzuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyC View Post
The guide is good idea. My self tappers are fine if you pre drill them but if you are slightly out and you have to jiggle it in position to get the self tappers into their holes, it just seems to create a disproportionate amount of mess.

Masking up both the console and the deck helps to minimise the migration of Sika to places you wouldn't have thought possible.

Could drill about 8 holes through the flange, mark drill points in the deck, then take off console and countersink in an M12 stainless nut secured with epoxy (only deep enough to fit the nut flush, then I could fit in something like the below. The console could then slot over the top of those short guiding rods. What you think? Perhaps over complicating but it’s an idea ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2647.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	135414
Old 15 October 2020, 20:25   #122

Town: Waterlooville
Boat name: Tickler
Make: Halmatic P22
Engine: Inboard Diesel 240HP
MMSI: 235115642
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpertski View Post
Could drill about 8 holes through the flange, mark drill points in the deck, then take off console and countersink in an M12 stainless nut secured with epoxy (only deep enough to fit the nut flush, then I could fit in something like the below. The console could then slot over the top of those short guiding rods. What you think? Perhaps over complicating but it’s an idea ...

Attachment 135414
I think you may be over complicating it.

The two main requirements are to help you position the console and to prevent the console from sliding before the Sika has gone off. The guides are a good idea but I'd still go the couple of screws route.

I actually put screws all the way round mine but I like the industrial look and the console is aluminium. I can't show you too much as it will spoil the big reveal once I've got the f%^king thing working and I'm not 700 miles away from it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Console.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	135415  
Old 15 October 2020, 20:29   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyC View Post
I think you may be over complicating it.

The two main requirements are to help you position the console and to prevent the console from sliding before the Sika has gone off. The guides are a good idea but I'd still go the couple of screws route.

I actually put screws all the way round mine but I like the industrial look and the console is aluminium. I can't show you too much as it will spoil the big reveal once I've got the f%^king thing working and I'm not 700 miles away from it!

Look forward to the big reveal! Looks good!

Mine has an internal flange so a bit tricky to do any other way of using a guide. Can just with two people and a marked out position drop it on top onto the chosen location [emoji106]
Old 16 October 2020, 10:19   #124

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
you could make a wood frame up screw in position where your glass is going drop the console in and remove the frame
Old 16 October 2020, 10:53   #125

I’m leaning towards just drawing out with a marker where the console should sit, placing Zealand on the floor in a band around where the flange will drop onto then with two people carefully lowering into position very slowly