Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > RIBs & ribbing
Click Here to Login

Old 26 October 2005, 17:02   #21

Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M
Is the right to breathe a formal human right?

If you break the law you consider your self to be apart from civilised society therefore you should not be treated like a civilied person. Odviously this has boundries and thresholds but you get the idea.
Yes, I'm not arguing against you and I understand the anger, but putting things in perspective shooting a thief in the head is a bit over the top, although it certainly would solve some of the prison overcrowding problems. I personally think you have got away lightly. Many thieves deliberately damage equipment even if they don't need it. It's about the haves and the have nots, what you're prepared to do in order to achieve "toys" like these and how you were brought up and educated.

However, I believe that a single decapitation with the head stuck on a pole by your storage yard "pour encourager les autres" may well work wonders for the future retention of your property.
Old 26 October 2005, 17:05   #22

Town: Côte d'Azur
Boat name: Beaver Patrol
Make: Avon Searider SR4
Length: 4m +
Is this a sarcastic post and are you the bloke I sold a valient cover to about 2 weeks ago who said he was on RIBnet?

If not, thanks for the offer but the regular valient ones don't fit becase I have an A-frame. If on the other hand it is one that will accomodate an aframe can u send me a photo?
Old 26 October 2005, 17:14   #23

Quote:
Is this a sarcastic post and are you the bloke I sold a valient cover to about 2 weeks ago who said he was on RIBnet?

If not, thanks for the offer but the regular valient ones don't fit becase I have an A-frame. If on the other hand it is one that will accomodate an aframe can u send me a photo?
Possibly, No, Shame and No.
Old 26 October 2005, 17:19   #24

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Hissing Sid
Make: Ross Smith Cobra
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200HP Optimax
MMSI: 235038046
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard1
I personally think you have got away lightly. Many thieves deliberately damage equipment even if they don't need it. It's about the haves and the have nots, what you're prepared to do in order to achieve "toys" like these and how you were brought up and educated.
I f******G hate that too!, they can't have it so they wreck it!!!
Jizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2005, 17:23   #25

Quote:
but putting things in perspective shooting a thief in the head is a bit over the top,

I agree this is only a very small loss - compared to Rogue Wave's recent loss this is nothing. However theaves are still bastards who should be shot
Old 26 October 2005, 17:57   #26

Town: stevenage
Boat name: getmehomesafely
Make: searider
Engine: mercury
tim I was the bloke you sold said cover to..not sarcasm just an attempt at some humour as you seemed stressed!!
Old 26 October 2005, 18:14   #27

Hi Tim. I am much more relaxed now although that's probaly the wine. I was ready to punch someone in the face earlier I was so angrey!
Glad the cover fits :-)
Old 26 October 2005, 18:57   #28

Town: I.O.W/Switzerland
Boat name: HotShot
Make: shakey
Length: 5m +
Engine: 90hp Tohatsu TLDI
I have yet to be subject to theft (i fully expect to be...only a matter of time), but a few days before I left uni (after 4 trouble-free years) some scroat decided to punch me in the head at 6 in the evening as I walked home, in broad daylight. I cannot express how angry it made me and he was a bloody lucky b*****d for not ending up with a broken jaw. Luckily I saw sense and didn't stoop to his pathetic miserable insignificant level by giving him a kicking. Reported it all to the police who were very helpful, but it makes me sick that they are powerless to do anything and the scumbags know full well they can get away with so much.

I reckon string em up by their feet, take off their clothes and have a firing squad equipped with paint ball guns to give them a good pain session at close range
Old 26 October 2005, 18:59   #29

Thats the spirit Tim!
I could quote team america now, but in the name of a family forum I wont....
Old 26 October 2005, 21:26   #30

Town: Swanmore nr Fareham
Boat name: Greyhound
Make: Ribtec
Length: 7m +
Engine: 225 Opti
With rioting on the streets which the police can't control and the government insistant on banning fox hunting and smoking (both of which I'm not that keen on) instead of cracking down on crime.

We get told that the police fill in less forms that they used to (which is correct), just a shame the forms now have 50 pages rather than 3!

Whilst I didn't like the last lot much, this lot take the mickey.

I think that crime is getting worse....or am I getting older.....
Stuart M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2005, 21:32   #31

Town: helston
Boat name: pressman
Make: Carson 900
Length: 9m +
Engine: twin 370 yanmar
My wife had a strange bloke trying to get in the car back door. Idialled 999 and was asked to follow him!! 6 hours later they turned up for a statement. They said no crime had been committed but it could be linked if anything else happened in the area! Even tho i gave them the address that he entered.

Week before got a speeding ticket
Old 26 October 2005, 21:55   #32

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Not often I agree with almost every post!!!

YES crime is getting worse!!! WHY??? Because Mr Blair seems to think that if you introduce a new law the problem will go away!!! Over 3000 new laws last year alone!!!

The law only hurts the people who respect it - the decent people. The people who have no respect for the law aren't bothered by it!!!

The reason things are so bad is because the yobs know full well that they can get away with it - all the laws work in their favour!!!

For example these ASBOs that were designed to stop yobs terrorising old ladies etc just aren't working - the little shits dissapear so fast - so now local councils are using ASBOs on easier targets - for example a 58yr old man who allowed his dog to foul a carpark and a beach!!!

What we need are LESS laws - not more!!! If the little shits knew that if they got caught they would have a really good hammering they may think twice about it!!!
Old 26 October 2005, 22:33   #33

Blimey Cods, you actually make sense!
Old 26 October 2005, 22:38   #34

Town: Somerset
Make: Halmatic P22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 Diesel
Quote:
Boat's been there 10 days.....

I reported it to them then rang the police. Odviouly for such a small crime they wont do anything about it although they did ring me to say I could go through the 106 hours of tapes that it could be on, if I wanted to.
Christ Tim, you're a student - watching telly for 106 hours should be a piece of piss!
Old 27 October 2005, 02:45   #35

Quote:
Blimey Cods, you actually make sense!
Usually do when people actually get my drift!!!
Old 27 October 2005, 09:47   #36

The Royal Navy had the right idea as did the Isle of Man the cat of nine tails in my opinian sould be brought back with imediate effect the fleash being opened up on your back tends to have a lasting effect and I reckon dispels the urge to commit more crimes not only very simple but cheap and cost effective that would keep the little Bas***ds from stealing from ribs muging old age pensioners stealing from cars and homes and any other anti social behaviour the laws in the UK stink and nothing makes my blood boil more
Old 27 October 2005, 10:03   #37

Town: Cowes
Nothing makes your blood boil more? I agree it is absurd that with all the new laws being a criminal is no harder - infact it is easier as no doubt the state will pay for a nice holiday or something to help you fit back into society... But are you sure?

Not even speed cameras, stealth taxes, wheel clampers, the rise of the 'chav', commercial traffic wardens, endless public funded new traffic lights, being utterly politically correct, overpriced everything and (this must be felt by us all) FUEL TAX.... I could go on...
Old 27 October 2005, 10:05   #38

Town: Cowes
Nothing makes your blood boil more?
Not even speed cameras, stealth taxes, wheel clampers, the rise of the 'chav', commercial traffic wardens, endless public funded new traffic lights, political correctness, overpriced everything and (this must be felt by us all) FUEL TAX.... I could go on...

I agree it is absurd that with all the new laws being a criminal is no harder - infact it is easier as no doubt the state will pay for a nice holiday or something to help you fit back into society or reward the yob who ruined some pensioners life
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tony_Blair.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	15354  
Old 27 October 2005, 11:06   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
Usually do when people actually get my drift!!!
Yeah but we often DON'T, and that's 'cos you're barking.
Old 27 October 2005, 11:12   #40

Quote:
Yeah but we often DON'T, and that's 'cos you're barking.
woof woof