Old 26 June 2022, 10:05   #41
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmuz7 View Post
... with any luck Willk will mop up the rest
Did someone else "accidentally" spill their shot of Jura? I DO have a mop here somewhere...
I think the whole point of "disliking" Jura on here was simply because it gave Jambo a chance to champion the stuff

As the weeks have passed and I've been leafing through old threads and photos, I've been reminded of the many times we had the craic. We very nearly met up on my very first foray up into the Isles back in 2010, only radio comms threw a spanner in it. Again at Easdale - with the Beast and the willkraft, Billy very kindly kept our land operations running smoothly - ensuring we had a meal and a roof over our heads on a couple of occasions. We swung by Tayvallich on our return from Saint Kilda where again Billy smoothed our way to some well-needed rest. I shouldn't forget the time we took the willkcraft from Antrim to Girvan for lunch with Honestman's folks and donegaldan's uncle (who were previously acquainted). Jambo and I had some good fun on here too - keeping the Black Shadows in line, sussing out the trolls and keeping Honestman on the path of righteousness.

He enjoyed ribnet a lot and put a lot of time into helping newbies and visitors to his realm in the north. He was a kinder soul than I and I'll miss him.
Old 26 June 2022, 10:29   #42

Town: Kilmarnock
Boat name: Breawatch
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150hp Mercury
Thanks Richard. He was easy to wind up and a disparaging remark about one of his favourite islands would have the hackles in full show.
He always wanted me to post more on here-I’m sure he’s having a chuckle that he’s finally managed it in these unfortunate circumstances.
I’ve arranged for a service for the boat and despite everything that’s going on I’m determined to launch this year. Fingers crossed.
Old 26 June 2022, 20:57   #43

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestman View Post
Lol! I’m not a massive fan myself but he liked to try all the new ones they brought out. Thanks for the nice comment.

And ironically they went on to pruduce a special smokey edition, Prophecy I think which became a firm favourite of mine after his suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Did someone else "accidentally" spill their shot of Jura? I DO have a mop here somewhere...
I think the whole point of "disliking" Jura on here was simply because it gave Jambo a chance to champion the stuff

He enjoyed ribnet a lot and put a lot of time into helping newbies and visitors to his realm in the north. He was a kinder soul than I and I'll miss him.

Aye to that fella .. and to cap it all .. I found me a bottle of prophecy on interweb .. not had it in years... YOLO enjoy what/who we have always, past and present