This is our favourite beach in the Solent.
1) Is there a particular approach / channel to head for - a gps coordinate would be great.
2) could I beach the boat on the beach itself? don't know best technique for this?
Yes put the boat on the beach to off load then move off to anchor
3) do I have to anchor out (but how far?) & swim in or use small inflatable as a tender?
if you are getting to low tide a long way out have a look at the charts
4) could I drop off passengers then anchor out - again don't know best technique for this?
5) what tide times are best
when the sun is out! But it would make life easier on a rising tide as you know you are not going to get stuck but it you arrive at low water anchor right out & leave it till high tide you will have one hell of a swim back out to the boat!!
6) are there any places to get food & drink?
No but Bembridge has one ST Helens side as you come in & one just to the left as you enter the harbour, should be possible on any tide except low water springs!
7) are there any toilets (except the big blue one!)
Anther point is to the west of the beach just as it shelves off you normally will have a bit of a chanle left which you can walk your boat out once the tide is out for miles.
Member of the Ribeye supporters club!!!
Member of Bombard 380 Aerotec club
Member of SR4 club