Old 15 May 2013, 08:09   #1

Town: portsmouth
Boat name: Hullabaloo
Make: Humber
Length: 8m +
Engine: 225 Optimax
RIBase
Pre 2007 Ribeyes?

Hi I've been advised that there were problems with some Ribeyes built before 2007? Anyone know anything about this?

Cheers
Old 15 May 2013, 08:57   #2
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Run View Post
Hi I've been advised that there were problems with some Ribeyes built before 2007? Anyone know anything about this?

Cheers
Oh look, popcorn!
Old 15 May 2013, 14:27   #3

Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
I would agree with pre. 05 when they had the metal tram lines going down the deck, but after this date I thought all was sorted!
No problems with my 06
Nick Hearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2013, 14:56   #4

Town: Poole
Boat name: Triple O
Make: R70
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzuki 200hp
I have a 2003 Ribeye. It has new tubes now, the old ones were badly degraded and beyond help, I think they were PVC. The fuel tank is plastic, inboard but has a metal plate on top that mounts the sender unit, the plate is anodised steel and not stainless, very very badly rusted, its a common problem but not a big one. It took a while to remove and replace with a new plate on top but the plate was only about £25.

The newer boats have stainless tanks so this is not a problem and I believe they use Hypalon for their tubes now. When I bought the boat I knew the tubes would need replacing.

I have owned 6 different Ribs now, I really like the 6m hull of the Ribeye, it performs nicely with the 100hp that I have on it, giving me about 37/38 knots ish and pretty good seakeepoing/fairly dry for its size.

No other complaints so far, second season on the water.

Ribeye have been incredibly helpful with spares and advice, even asking an engineer of there's to call me after hours from his mobile. Even outside the Marine industry its hard to find help and support like this from a company. I have been genuinly impressed.
Old 15 May 2013, 17:11   #5

Town: london
Boat name: Yo-Yo
Make: Ribeye
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yamaha 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf10 View Post

Ribeye have been incredibly helpful with spares and advice, even asking an engineer of there's to call me after hours from his mobile. Even outside the Marine industry its hard to find help and support like this from a company. I have been genuinly impressed.

I have just finished the process of buying a boat direct off them. Could not agree more with the helpfulness of them. Try giving a call direct, they will be honest with you about early failings, if there are any ?
Old 15 May 2013, 17:59   #6

Town: southampton
Make: ribeye
Length: 6m +
Engine: 140 suzuki
Mine's a 2004 6m ribeye with Yam 100. I'm interested to hear what you have heard. It's moored/left in water every summer (3 or 4 months) on pontoon for eight years so far, ninth this summer. Admittedly new Hypalon tubes being made this season, as original PVC tube seam came adrift at rear cone. Apart from that no problems yet No cracks in hull or transom that I can see Please share any horrors you might have been told.
Cheers