Old 29 April 2006, 21:01   #1

Town: SOUTHAMPTON AREA
Boat name: none
Make: bombard sib
Length: 3m +
Engine: petrol 15/3.5
Powerboat level 2

I have finally got around to doing this and despite having driven ribs for 3 years plus and done my yachtmaster shorebased found it helpful and informative so thanks to Jono Garton for arranging with Stormforce,toJimbo for some great instruction and to the other 2 trainers who I dont think read Ribnet.
I also got to drive a leeway back to back with Jimbos ribtec,totally different animals but both impressive.
The Leeway was light,fast,handled what little chop we found well and appeared well built.It however appeared to be smaller then the Ribtec 585,you seem to sit in the ribtec and on the Leeway!
A great couple of days!
Old 29 April 2006, 21:27   #2

Length: 6m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by timboli
I have finally got around to doing this and despite having driven ribs for 3 years plus and done my yachtmaster shorebased found it helpful and informative so thanks to Jono Garton for arranging with Stormforce,toJimbo for some great instruction and to the other 2 trainers who I dont think read Ribnet.
I also got to drive a leeway back to back with Jimbos ribtec,totally different animals but both impressive.
The Leeway was light,fast,handled what little chop we found well and appeared well built.It however appeared to be smaller then the Ribtec 585,you seem to sit in the ribtec and on the Leeway!
A great couple of days!
Hi Timboli,

Glad you enjoyed yourself - I certainly had a good day on Thursday. Sorry I couldn't do both days with you - university called!

The leeway is quick isn't she? She also seems well balanced with that 90hp - we had her jumping off waves on Wednesday and she flew very straight.

Of course, my Ribtec is quicker

Anyways, glad the course went well for you - and I look forward to seeing you again for your intermediate/advanced?

Jimbo