Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > RIBs & ribbing
Click Here to Login

Old 28 August 2022, 19:47   #1

Town: Liverpool
Length: no boat
Possibly splitting up my Speedy..thoughts?

Hi All, our family Bayliner 1800 has possibly come to an end of its days. The stern is going soggy. One option I was looking at was to split it up to sell the remaining good parts. The engine is a 1997 Honda BF90A and controls... It never misses a beat. Its fairly good nick with a new prop last year. Its still on the boat. The beauty is since the boat is seaworthy I can take the potential buyer ( North Wales) out for a good spin. Also for sale is Baystar hydraulic steering and helm 6 years old. The trailer is an america aluminium two wheeler. Its in excellent condition. Its fine for the 18 footer but could take up to 22 feet. Its not roadworthy as have taken the brakes off . The wheel bearings are perfect with bearing buddies.
I was thinking of splitting the lot and parting out. Would Ebay be my best and or Facebook market place? Thoughts appreciated...Nik
Old 29 August 2022, 07:00   #2

Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 70hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
RIBase
Engines are always in demand. I prefer Gumtree over Facebook Marketplace, but the more outlets it’s seen the better. Also consider RIBnet, FAFB, etc. I’ve never sold anything particularly expensive on EBay so don’t even know what the charges are these days. An option on the trailer could be some of the local boat yards near to you if not road legal.

There’s plenty scammers out there, so be descriptive in your items for sale and don’t part with anything until you’ve cash in hand.
Old 29 August 2022, 08:11   #3

Town: Appley Bridge
Boat name: RedNeck
Make: Excel SD360
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury EFI 20HP
MMSI: 235924407
Ebay charge 12.5% upto £2500 and 3% thereafter. If I sell anything on ebay I always factor the charges in.
I do use gumtree but the big problem with gumtree is lack of an audience. When things are sold people don't remove the advert so you can be enquiring about something that's no longer available.
Old 29 August 2022, 19:40   #4

Town: Liverpool
Length: no boat
Thanks guys… I’ll get loads of pics and take it from there. FB market place?? Nik
Old 30 August 2022, 08:27   #5

Town: Sticks, N.Yorks
Boat name: Tamanco
Make: Honwave 3.5AE
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu Outboard
I've sold loads of stuff on ebay including boats . I usually wait for one of the sales offers like sell for a pound or 80% off final value fees . A big audience for equipment but the standard auction selling fees are expensive but the classified at £20 to sell my car recently I thought was reasonable. Always always get the cash before you part with stuff although the instant bank transfer into your bank account seems to be becoming more popular.

Tags
sib