Old 21 May 2004, 19:20   #1

Town: Flensburg
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki DT75 ?
pictures of an AVON SS480?!

Hi Guys-

I need some help because a friend of mine wants to go for a RIB also- he has been offered an AVON SS480 via internet. Since the boat is located about 1000km away from us, we`d like to see a picture of it, before we decide to take the trip! Unfortunatly the current owner doesn`t have a digital camera nor a scanner..... So if anybody in here could come up with one or two pictures of such a boat would be great! How old might it be? The current owner has no idea.... He`s only asking 4k (EURO`s!) for it and it`s fitted with a 75hp Honda fourstroke, gps, brand new trailer and so on- almost too good to be true, that`s why we are so nuts about seeing a pic! Maybe somebody can help?

greetings from Germany,
Wolfie
Old 22 May 2004, 20:25   #2

Town: Flensburg
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki DT75 ?
problem solved...

Ha- we`ve finally solved the problem: The boat is an AVON SuperSport 4.65 RIB that`s probably the reason why nobody in here could come up with some pictures.... a ss480-type does not exist at all! Sorry for leading you in the wrong direction, folks, but I had no better information until I`ve spoken personally to the seller today! Anyway: When were these boats made an what is the difference to the searider-series? A good picture would still be a sensation, so if somebody has some....?

greetings,
Wolfie
Old 22 May 2004, 20:34   #3

Town: West Sussex
Length: no boat
Wolfie

Why don't you visit the AVON web page
www.avoninflatables.co.uk send them your request and perhaps they might dig out a copy of an old catalogue which features the SuperSport 4.65

You could get lucky

Andre

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribfreak

Ha- we`ve finally solved the problem: The boat is an AVON SuperSport 4.65 RIB that`s probably the reason why nobody in here could come up with some pictures.... a ss480-type does not exist at all! Sorry for leading you in the wrong direction, folks, but I had no better information until I`ve spoken personally to the seller today! Anyway: When were these boats made an what is the difference to the searider-series? A good picture would still be a sensation, so if somebody has some....?

greetings,
Wolfie