Old 07 January 2020, 10:40   #1

Length: 4m +
Ozduck Raider

Hi all

I have a Gemini Waverider 4.7 that is 18 years old. I love the boat but unfortunately the glue that holds the tubes to the hull has given up and i am faced with a decision whether to repair, retube or sell as is. I have been quoted 9k to retube or alternatively between 2 and 3k to reglue the tubes to the hull.

While talking with my local inflatable repairer i was offered a boat for $2000 or alternatively trade in my boat (hull only I keep the 2009 40hp Yamaha and trailer) and get the boat for $1000.

The hull on offer is an Ozduck Raider 5.4m. It has a significantly deeper V and more space than my Gemini but is fitted with a hypalon tube that has been cut down from an 8m RIB. From memory the tube is from a boat brand called Tender. The tube was retrofitted by a professional RIB repairer and they have said they will guarantee the tubes for 12 months

I have searched high and low for information about the Ozduck brand and have found nothing so thought id turn to this forum to see if anyone had heard of it or has some ideas about how i should proceed.

Would a 5.4m boat with a deep V be significantly underpowered with a 40hp 4 stroke? What should i look for in the hull? Any thoughts would be much appreciated

Thanks

Ryan