Boat name: SMH Rib / War Shot
Make: Ribtec / Scorpion
Length: 4m +
Engine: 100hp Yam/150hp opt
RIBase
Could be OK though

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS
Well seeing as he was unsure about the engine size and the length of the boat, I was never expecting his speed to be accurate.
What worries me is if you own a rib 9/10 it is one of your hobbies, therefore it interests you and you know alot about it. Your rib is not usually treated like an appliance, say a dishwasher! I am sure we all know our ribs inside out, the make of the console, engine, seats, instruments etc. I would therefore only buy a secondhand rib from an enthusisast because you know it has probably been looked after. From what I have read about this rib -I havent contacted him but I have read the email to Eddo and the advert, and this guy seems to know very little about it. Big difference between a 4.6m and a 5.4 and a 115HP and a 125HP. And the speed, mid thirty knots, nice and specific then. Now obviously, there could be a logical reason for the incorrect advert -maybe somebody else listed it on his behalf, but from what I have read I wouldn't touch that boat with Mirabella mast!

Rant over!

Alex
Fair point, sort of.

However he could have just thrown some cash at a great looking boat spotted at a dealers. Doesn't really know what it is but likes the look of it.
Keeps it a season, doesn't use it much, too fast for the family so needs to sell.

That's where we/us/you/etc can, with our combined knowledge pick up a bargain
Old 21 February 2005, 23:53   #22

Town: Wigan
Boat name: Osprey
Make: Osprey
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mariner 60hp
overpowered

Hi all,
Phoned this guy the other day, since our conversation, it sounds like the updated info on the size of boat etc given to Eddo in the e-mail, is a result of that convesation, size I sugested it might be etc.
The rib was purchased from a dealer on Anglesey, who had fitted that engine,seem to remember reading some bad post about a broker in those parts? Going to see it at the weekend, as its quite near were we live, so will keep you posted, if its still there.
Cheers,
Charlie..........
Old 27 February 2005, 19:13   #23

Town: Wigan
Boat name: Osprey
Make: Osprey
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mariner 60hp
"overpowered" Searider visited!

Hi all,
Just an update for everyone who showed " interest" in the advertised 4.7 Meter searider with 125hp engine! Went to see it today, its a 5.6 metre searider, with 3 year old 4 cylinder two-stroke, 115 Mercury. The engine is immaculate, the rib has new tubes, and it has the original 2man jockey console. The hull has had a lot knocks and bumps, but looks cosmetic, needs some time spending to bring up to scratch. Dont know age of rib, as stainless re-enforcing plate covering transom, so no I.D. plate, but has stainless supports from transom to deck. Its on a braked rollercoaster trailer, which also needs a lot of TLC, in fact thats what the whole rig needs (and some cash!) The incorrect size in the advert is because I think it was measured in a rush, from the bow to the transom! Anyone want a project? The boats to big and heavy for me, but if anyone is interested, I will try to answer any questions.
Cheers,
Charlie......