Old 25 July 2010, 10:06   #1

Town: Isle of Tiree
Boat name: AURORA
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Engine: Twin Yamaha 150s
osprey viper 5.3

thinking of buying one of these has anyone got one or would recommend them .the one im looking at has a 100 suzuki 1996,the boat is 1990s my last rib was the bwm deepsea 18 with a 75hp would i notice much difference with sea capability etc
Old 25 July 2010, 10:10   #2

Town: Gloucestershire
Boat name: Osprey
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 5m +
Engine: E-tec 300 G2
MMSI: TBC
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraztiree View Post
thinking of buying one of these has anyone got one or would recommend them .the one im looking at has a 100 suzuki 1996,the boat is 1990s my last rib was the bwm deepsea 18 with a 75hp would i notice much difference with sea capability etc
That sounds like it might be have been Dave Mannings old Viper (DM on here) drop him a PM.

My first Rib was a Viper 5.25 (there is no 5.3) and I can't recommend it higly enough. It is a Beamy boat with loads of space and with a 100HP you are going to see 40 knots plus out of it.

Born fiddler
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2010, 10:37   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
That sounds like it might be have been Dave Mannings old Viper (DM on here) drop him a PM.

My first Rib was a Viper 5.25 (there is no 5.3) and I can't recommend it higly enough. It is a Beamy boat with loads of space and with a 100HP you are going to see 40 knots plus out of it.
5.25 that will do lol. 40 plus would be great i like my speed and beamy boats , i cant get down to look at it as im so far away i would need to take 4 days off to get there so im just realying on pics and the boy being honest, ill try pm dave then cheers mate
Old 25 July 2010, 11:07   #4

Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Going on the sellers honesty!!!

Many on here will support the view you should never buy a boat without seeing it yourself or getting someone independent, preferably qualified to look at it before purchase. You could get a large headache and an empty wallet if you don't. It's not like a car where if it has an MOT from the last month or so, is hpi clear and has Full service history, you can guage its condition.

It may look nice, but as many have found, decks can be rotten from the underneath, hull cracked and painted over, the list goes on!

There are many friendly qualified/semi qualified people on here that will help, some may or may not charge, depending on distance to travel, extent to which you want help.
Old 26 July 2010, 11:43   #5

the rib is in Liverpool if any one is up for having a quick look at it would be very grateful
Old 26 July 2010, 12:13   #6

get a survey done buddy. will cost about 175 quid or so and will be the best money you will spend since you can't go see it. i was in the same boat (no pun) as you when i was buying a rib from southampton. thankfully a surveyor/company selling it saved me buying a lemon.....WELL worth the money.

cheers