Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 12 January 2013, 12:27   #1
Member
 
nugent's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bromsgrove
Boat name: Kick-Ass !
Make: PAC/Artic 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 250hp Yamaha
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,558
Osprey sea rider console

Does any one have a picture of one please?
I can not find any pics any place and there site is under redevelopment
There is two widths to make it harder to locate also
__________________
˜™
MY BIGGEST WORRY IS THAT MY WIFE(WHEN I"M DEAD)WILL SELL MY TOY'S FOR WHAT I SAID I PAID FOR THEM.
nugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2013, 12:29   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Royal Wootton Bassett
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,041
Try here:

Home - Osprey & Vector Marine RIB Owners' Association

__________________

__________________
whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2013, 12:30   #3
Member
 
nugent's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bromsgrove
Boat name: Kick-Ass !
Make: PAC/Artic 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 250hp Yamaha
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,558
I need front and side pic f posible
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	75417  
__________________
˜™
MY BIGGEST WORRY IS THAT MY WIFE(WHEN I"M DEAD)WILL SELL MY TOY'S FOR WHAT I SAID I PAID FOR THEM.
nugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2013, 13:13   #4
RIBnet supporter
 
gotchiguy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dinard, Brittany
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,954
RIBase
Are these any good?

I will have a look for some better side ones if you'd like. I am not sure there have ever been any narrow versions produced, I know the mould exists but I have not seen any come out of it. If you need anything else don't hesitate to PM me.

The new Osprey UK website should be up before the end of next week, stay tuned
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01783.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	75418   Click image for larger version

Name:	20110820_Pegase_038.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	75419  
__________________
gotchiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2013, 13:27   #5
Member
 
nugent's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bromsgrove
Boat name: Kick-Ass !
Make: PAC/Artic 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 250hp Yamaha
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotchiguy View Post
Are these any good?

I will have a look for some better side ones if you'd like. I am not sure there have ever been any narrow versions produced, I know the mould exists but I have not seen any come out of it. If you need anything else don't hesitate to PM me.

The new Osprey UK website should be up before the end of next week, stay tuned


Excellent just what I needed ,
A small one came out the mould last week sir! Cheers wil make a bit more sence now, I have the tops of consoles here but needed an idea of the way the edge finished off
Again many thanks

Ed
__________________
˜™
MY BIGGEST WORRY IS THAT MY WIFE(WHEN I"M DEAD)WILL SELL MY TOY'S FOR WHAT I SAID I PAID FOR THEM.
nugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2013, 13:37   #6
RIBnet supporter
 
gotchiguy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dinard, Brittany
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,954
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by nugent View Post
Excellent just what I needed ,
A small one came out the mould last week sir! Cheers wil make a bit more sence now, I have the tops of consoles here but needed an idea of the way the edge finished off
Again many thanks

Ed
If you are doing a windscreen for it then go either lower or higher than ITR's, for an average 6 footer it is the perfect height to send the wind straight into your face

It's a good console though, currently looks like swiss cheese but 12" plotter and general rewiring going on at this moment!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0182.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	75433  
__________________
gotchiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2013, 13:39   #7
RIBnet supporter
 
gotchiguy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dinard, Brittany
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,954
RIBase
Another pic for grab rail ideas:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image3891.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	75434  
__________________
gotchiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2013, 13:45   #8
Member
 
nugent's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bromsgrove
Boat name: Kick-Ass !
Make: PAC/Artic 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 250hp Yamaha
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotchiguy View Post
If you are doing a windscreen for it then go either lower or higher than ITR's, for an average 6 footer it is the perfect height to send the wind straight into your face

It's a good console though, currently looks like swiss cheese but 12" plotter and general rewiring going on at this moment!

Shi#. Just cut acrylics for multiple,,, what height is yours? I was running 300mm hope there ok
__________________
˜™
MY BIGGEST WORRY IS THAT MY WIFE(WHEN I"M DEAD)WILL SELL MY TOY'S FOR WHAT I SAID I PAID FOR THEM.
nugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2013, 13:47   #9
RIBnet supporter
 
gotchiguy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dinard, Brittany
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,954
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by nugent View Post
Shi#. Just cut acrylics for multiple,,, what height is yours? I was running 300mm hope there ok
I'm sorry but I don't know, I'll try and find a better picture to take a scale from
__________________
gotchiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2013, 13:57   #10
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,298
Nuge: Are you saying there's a smaller version now in production?
__________________
Downhilldai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2013, 13:59   #11
RIBnet supporter
 
gotchiguy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dinard, Brittany
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,954
RIBase
I make it 14-15cm from the top of the dashboard. Obviously there is about a 2" overlap below that. I reckon if you went 5cm higher it would probably be an improvement, but equally you could do that by going a few lower.

Actually thinking about it, lower it probably better because the edge is currently in the eyeline when sat down which is annoying.

If you're making one with a lighter smoked acrylic then we currently have then we may be interested.
__________________
gotchiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2013, 14:01   #12
Member
 
nugent's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bromsgrove
Boat name: Kick-Ass !
Make: PAC/Artic 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 250hp Yamaha
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,558
Has been for a while matey it's about 10" shorter in width can measure itb in the morning if you wish
Just left work
__________________
˜™
MY BIGGEST WORRY IS THAT MY WIFE(WHEN I"M DEAD)WILL SELL MY TOY'S FOR WHAT I SAID I PAID FOR THEM.
nugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2013, 14:05   #13
Member
 
nugent's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bromsgrove
Boat name: Kick-Ass !
Make: PAC/Artic 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 250hp Yamaha
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotchiguy View Post
I make it 14-15cm from the top of the dashboard. Obviously there is about a 2" overlap below that. I reckon if you went 5cm higher it would probably be an improvement, but equally you could do that by going a few lower.

Actually thinking about it, lower it probably better because the edge is currently in the eyeline when sat down which is annoying.

If you're making one with a lighter smoked acrylic then we currently have then we may be interested.


Arghhhh I hate new stuff,, I only work in clear to be honest can not justify the cost of the smoked material,,, feel guilty telling people the cost,,,
You recommend 250mm O/A then?
Think I will do a 250 n 300 see how the feedback goes before I carry on ,,
__________________
˜™
MY BIGGEST WORRY IS THAT MY WIFE(WHEN I"M DEAD)WILL SELL MY TOY'S FOR WHAT I SAID I PAID FOR THEM.
nugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2013, 14:06   #14
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by nugent View Post
Has been for a while matey it's about 10" shorter in width can measure itb in the morning if you wish
Just left work
Nice one Nuge.

I'll have one of those screens for the larger one, if you've got some spare. Full height is fine and I'll cut down to suit, if needed.
__________________
Downhilldai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2013, 14:07   #15
RIBnet admin team
 
Nos4r2's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,950
RIBase
Gotchi, silly question but if you spin your steering wheel, is it perfectly round? Not that it'll make any difference to operation, but I just noticed mine's out of true a bit.
__________________
Need spares,consoles,consumables,hire,training or even a new boat?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2013, 14:14   #16
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos4r2 View Post
Gotchi, silly question but if you spin your steering wheel, is it perfectly round? Not that it'll make any difference to operation, but I just noticed mine's out of true a bit.
Dropped it, have you Nos?
__________________
Downhilldai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2013, 14:17   #17
Member
 
nugent's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bromsgrove
Boat name: Kick-Ass !
Make: PAC/Artic 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 250hp Yamaha
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos4r2 View Post
Gotchi, silly question but if you spin your steering wheel, is it perfectly round? Not that it'll make any difference to operation, but I just noticed mine's out of true a bit.

Now that's a new one,,,,
__________________
˜™
MY BIGGEST WORRY IS THAT MY WIFE(WHEN I"M DEAD)WILL SELL MY TOY'S FOR WHAT I SAID I PAID FOR THEM.
nugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2013, 14:17   #18
RIBnet supporter
 
gotchiguy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dinard, Brittany
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,954
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by nugent View Post
Arghhhh I hate new stuff,, I only work in clear to be honest can not justify the cost of the smoked material,,, feel guilty telling people the cost,,,
You recommend 250mm O/A then?
Think I will do a 250 n 300 see how the feedback goes before I carry on ,,
I reckon 250mm would be perfect, about 50mm taller than ours. I think 300mm may be slightly aesthetically unbalanced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos4r2 View Post
Gotchi, silly question but if you spin your steering wheel, is it perfectly round? Not that it'll make any difference to operation, but I just noticed mine's out of true a bit.
I'm a long way from the boat so I couldn't tell you for sure but I think it is perfectly circular..
__________________
gotchiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2013, 14:18   #19
Member
 
nugent's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bromsgrove
Boat name: Kick-Ass !
Make: PAC/Artic 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 250hp Yamaha
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhilldai View Post
Nice one Nuge.

I'll have one of those screens for the larger one, if you've got some spare. Full height is fine and I'll cut down to suit, if needed.


Going on Olivers advise the std is now 250mm funny enough Chris from Belgium originally asked for 250mm but me and a another thought other wise,

Be ready tomoz sir,,,,, collection or a another of my mad looney drivers to your,s
__________________
˜™
MY BIGGEST WORRY IS THAT MY WIFE(WHEN I"M DEAD)WILL SELL MY TOY'S FOR WHAT I SAID I PAID FOR THEM.
nugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2013, 14:28   #20
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,298
There's no rush at all, but if you have a van going down this neck of the wood.....
__________________

__________________
Downhilldai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.