Manged to get some more stuff done over Christmas and the last week.
- A-frame has been removed and Polished up and came up lovely !
- Welded two tabs to the back of the aframe mounts so that we can bolt it to the transom as well with 12mm bolts.
- Filled all the holes in the transom and cut back and polished up
- Fitted twin cable gland in the back for the hydraulic steering which will mean we can seal the back trunk properly to prevent water getting into the rear box
- Re wired A-frame with marine grade cable and fitted Pacific Aerial mount and new Stainless Nav lights and top lights with LED's
- Drilled holes in the deck to allow access to the underside of where the Aframe legs attach so we can now bolt the legs to the deck rather the self tapper as it was before (muppets)
- Fitted new Teleflex Extreme Cables to the engine and pulled them up to the console
- Fitted New Console top ready for taking controls, GPS etc...
- Fitted Glove box where that huge hole used to be for the old engine control cables
- All the upholstery is being redone at Quayside by Louis in grey with dark grey piping
- Marine Fabrications have welded wingbacks to the front seats and have also stregthened the tubes where they bend as this can be a weak spot.
- Edd (nugent) has made and fitted a new screen to the old console top
So now just a case of rigging the console and all the new electrics and then the big polish and clean up session !