Old 24 April 2014, 12:12   #21

Town: Acharacle
Boat name: Iolar
Make: Redbay
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF175
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffW View Post
I have sent you a pm , but this place is very close to your base and worth a try . Pontoon as well adjacent at all tide states Lochside Restaurant-Fantastic Seafood and Venison-The Boathouse
Looks smashing. Saw it on google as it's directly across the loch from Linnhe Marina. is it the sort of place you need to book?

Thanks for the PM also. It's beginning to look like we'll be tagging along with the Scotribbers though, so I think our dance card may be full already.
Old 24 April 2014, 12:39   #22

Town: Bournemouth
Boat name: Seadrive
Make: Capelli Tempest 470
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki DF70
MMSI: 235079113
yes very good food and a lovely location. Booking will depend of time of year and weather. There is an outside deck/terrace which is relatively small - so I guess booking advised if wanting to sit outside.
Old 24 April 2014, 12:43   #23

Town: Bournemouth
Boat name: Seadrive
Make: Capelli Tempest 470
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki DF70
MMSI: 235079113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
The food is decent,but the service and attitude is something else!...after the way they treated one of our party last year,WE won't be going there again!
Do yourself a favour and Try the 'Sea Food Temple' (just along the Front) next time....you will have a pleasant surprise!
They have their own Boat...and WE can ALL avouch for the Quality of their produce!...and the owner isn't a Bad Guy either!
Although you do have to book!
Like Mick said the whole area is Best Cruising in Europe! A drop of sun and you won't want to come home!
Always had good food & service there - was there only 3 weeks ago & was pretty full.
Old 24 April 2014, 13:19   #24

Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
I have a gpx file for fuel round there - most involves at least a short walk up a beach.... It's on the home PC - will try to remember to post it tonight.

Re. food & places to go - see above!

If, however, you fancy a trip to the middle of nowhere , a wee trip / play through the falls at Connel (mind the canoes on the way past!) and you have a fair few miles of Loch Etive solitary to play with - plenty of places to drift & picnic , just don't do it on a day with a northerly or southerly wind unless you are wrapped up well!

As an aside - are you planning on launching at Linnhe & abandoning the trailer for a few days?

The reason I ask is that Loch Creran is an SSSI, so has lots of anchoring restrictions so you don't destroy the rare stuff on the sea bed. Just a wee heads up in case you had planned to anchor off your house.

I think the restricted areas might also be noted on the admiralty charts if you have a plotter.

http://www.barcaldinemarine.co.uk/in...p-searoute.pdf

http://www.argyllmarinesac.org/pdfs/anchoring.pdf

map on P5 of this one http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Resource/...60/0036466.pdf
Old 24 April 2014, 15:31   #25

Town: Wakefield
Boat name: Bouncer
Make: Redbay Stormforce
Engine: 2x Honda 100 Hp
MMSI: 235025718
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffW View Post
I have sent you a pm , but this place is very close to your base and worth a try . Pontoon as well adjacent at all tide states Lochside Restaurant-Fantastic Seafood and Venison-The Boathouse

Is that the place that the guy who ran the G4 challenge runs ?
Old 24 April 2014, 20:20   #26

Town: Acharacle
Boat name: Iolar
Make: Redbay
Engine: Suzuki DF175
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9D280 View Post
I have a gpx file for fuel round there - most involves at least a short walk up a beach.... It's on the home PC - will try to remember to post it tonight.

Re. food & places to go - see above!

If, however, you fancy a trip to the middle of nowhere , a wee trip / play through the falls at Connel (mind the canoes on the way past!) and you have a fair few miles of Loch Etive solitary to play with - plenty of places to drift & picnic , just don't do it on a day with a northerly or southerly wind unless you are wrapped up well!

As an aside - are you planning on launching at Linnhe & abandoning the trailer for a few days?

The reason I ask is that Loch Creran is an SSSI, so has lots of anchoring restrictions so you don't destroy the rare stuff on the sea bed. Just a wee heads up in case you had planned to anchor off your house.

I think the restricted areas might also be noted on the admiralty charts if you have a plotter.

http://www.barcaldinemarine.co.uk/in...p-searoute.pdf

http://www.argyllmarinesac.org/pdfs/anchoring.pdf

map on P5 of this one http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Resource/...60/0036466.pdf
A good heads up on the anchoring, though tbh i wasn't planning on leaving it on a hook (I'm a born worrier as it is).