Old 17 August 2010, 20:27   #1

Town: ormskirk
Boat name: Poseidon
Make: Novurania
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mariner 40
Novurania Poseidon Newbie questions

Hi
Been trying to pick a rib up for quite a while and have just been given one thats been living in a friends garage for about ten years he says.
it's a novurania poseidon 430 with a Yamaha 30 outboard. Obviously need to get the engine serviced before I try it but it looks in very good condition.
I've got a couple of questions I hope someone can help me with, the floor comes in 5 pieces of wood but I cannot seem to get it to fit, seems to be about two inches to big, and the front peice has a rectangular hole in it about 2x1, I dont want to force it in case I cause any damage, am I missing something or some way to make it fit? also the floor underneath seems to be a bit baggy at the front could there be a piece missing? do you think it would be better getting a new floor built and what material would be best?
Sorry to go on a bit but I'm completely new to this and hoping to take this away on Wednesday.
Thanks in advance
Old 18 August 2010, 12:43   #2

Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
Hi, welcome to ribnet!

From the sounds of things you've actually got a SIB. The way to get the floor boards in is to totally deflate it, insert them (the toobs will roll out the way) then re- inflate, being a bit careful as the toobs take their shape to make sure the baords are in the right place. They then get trapped in the corner of the floor & the toobs and give the boat a bit more rigidity.

The hole in the front one is possibly to give access to a keel inflation valve or some davit type fitting for the back of a big yacht?

Out of curiosity, is the outboard 2 or 4 stroke?

Any pics? That might help us to figure it out.
Old 18 August 2010, 14:21   #3

Town: leeds, England
Boat name: RIB Tickler
Make: AVON SR
Engine: Outboard 50 HP
The Keel is two pieces of wood Bow to stern

novurania poseidon has a wooden former to create and make the keel this makes the floor rigid and stretches the material to form the hull shape. in my opinion you have the best blow up boat ever. I ve been looking for one for years to replace one i sold 14 yrs ago.
The two lenghts are first placed in the nose and in the transom then pushed down in the middle and secured, they do strecht everything taught, which could be why the floor boards seem too big. Then place the floor in working again to the middle. I seem to remember that getting the last two in was a bit of a struggle. you had to lean them into each other, lined up with the groove and push.
I may have some photos somewhere if you need them or any other advice PM me.
Old 18 August 2010, 20:29   #4

Ah! I may be missing the keel

Excellent thanks for the replies.
9d280, didn't know whether you meant boat or engine so here's both, any info you can give me would help a lot!
Rib T, I haven't got anything that looks like a keel! did get four pieces of wood though that seem to fit perfectly width ways against each joint. what you say about getting the floor in makes a lot more sense than the way I was trying to do it! got half day off tomorrow going to give it a go then, any pics would be a life saver though!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0186.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	53534   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0189.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	53535   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0188.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	53536   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0190.jpg
Views:	868
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	53537   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0191.jpg
Views:	1003
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	53538  

Old 19 August 2010, 13:52   #5

Sorted (sort of)

Cheers rib T, after you mentioning the wooden former, went back to my friends garage and found the front part, after that the floor went in no problem, the four pieces I had slotted in at the sides of the floor and inflated pushed the floor flat, very clever...
Just need to find the back piece now and I'm away! any one recommend anywhere round West Lancs that could take a look at the engine for me??