Old 13 June 2017, 06:53   #1

Town: Dalmeny
Make: zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: outboard
No need for speed

Normally we are out cruising the ocean in our rib enjoying a cruise speed of around 40kh but over the weekend both my daughter and I got to spearfish in a new boat. This was the first time this boat had been used in open water or had been seen by the public ( my daughter's sponsor), not a rib but a small comercial fishing boat built by an Australian company known for making warp speed boats for fishermen who like getting there first.

Though we didn't reach its max speed of around 150kh we did get over 130kh 70kts +. Anyone who has experianced these speeds will know it's not a relaxing day out on the water, it was fun but I must admit I was happy to be back out on my little 550 pro again.

Old 13 June 2017, 13:25   #2

Town: denny
Boat name: breezy
Make: northcraft
Length: 6m +
Engine: honda 150
RIBase
your own boat will feel slow now next thing it'll be needing a power upgrade
Old 13 June 2017, 13:37   #3

Town: Porchfield
Boat name: Katie
Make: Stingher
Length: 10m +
Engine: Verado 350 x 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonp View Post
Normally we are out cruising the ocean in our rib enjoying a cruise speed of around 40kh but over the weekend both my daughter and I got to spearfish in a new boat. This was the first time this boat had been used in open water or had been seen by the public ( my daughter's sponsor), not a rib but a small comercial fishing boat built by an Australian company known for making warp speed boats for fishermen who like getting there first.

Though we didn't reach its max speed of around 150kh we did get over 130kh 70kts +. Anyone who has experianced these speeds will know it's not a relaxing day out on the water, it was fun but I must admit I was happy to be back out on my little 550 pro again.

70kts+ is quick - and your absolutely right you can't relax at those sort of speeds on the water - things can go wrong quickly!

As well as a RIB I run a Seadoo, that will get to late 70's (mph) in around 3 seconds - that's quick enough for me lol. When running the higher speeds in any water craft I wear sports sunglasses, I'm not normally a sun glass lover but I've seen what a fly or bee can do to unprotected eyes at speed - makes you wear glasses!!