Boat name: Various
Make: RIBs & Hovercraft
Length: 9m +
Engine: Outboards
MMSI: Various
RIBase
Newbie Pembrokeshire

Hello all,

having spent a couple of years hankering after a RIB, i've just purchased a new (to me) toy, which i'm due to collect on Wednesday morning.

I've been trawling RIBnet for advice and guidance over the last few months and already know a couple of people in here, namely Jono Garton (who got me through my advanced commercial ticket) and Tony Barber (a friend with whom i do some work on the Quinquari)............not sure if this will count against me.........please try and keep an open mind :-)

I've bought an Ocean Rib, (circa '96 , retubed by Henshaws a couple of years ago) which measures 7m over the tubes (but i believe it is the 675 version - speaking with Winsor Bros, who have been really helpful!). I will post up some pics etc when i get it home.

I apologise in advance as I will probably be asking quite a few questions over the next few months especially in the commercial forum as I'm due a survey and, dependent on outcome, am thinking about going for cat 4 coding?!? Either way, looking forward to having some fun this summer.

On a sepaerate note, I am now looking to sell my dory and would like to post up some details on the for sale section (i know it isn't a RIB,but the engine /trailer etc may be of interest...........hope that's okay?)

Thanks in advance,

Dan
Old 11 May 2009, 11:40   #2

Town: Principalite d'Chaos
Boat name: The Nashers Revenge!
Make: Windsor Brothers
Length: 6m +
Engine: Optimax 225
MMSI: "Mmmmm SI" she said!
Dan

Welcome to Ribnet, always nice to have another Ocean owner around.
there's not many of us on here.

Nasher
Old 11 May 2009, 14:44   #3

Town: N. Pembrokeshire
Boat name: Various
Make: RIBs & Hovercraft
Length: 9m +
Engine: Outboards
MMSI: Various
RIBase
Thanks Nasher............

visited /found your webpage when i began looking at /into buying the 'Ocean'. Seems a really neat package and the guys who built it couldn't have been more helpful with all my queries etc.

How do you find it to live with? Anything to look out for or worry about? The One I'm getting is 7m long over the tubes (apparently it's known as a '675' from circa '96) and only has a 90 HP, although the GPS showed it as being good for 38 knots with 4 up......Plenty enough for me (for now).

Dan
Old 11 May 2009, 16:04   #4

Town: Principalite d'Chaos
Boat name: The Nashers Revenge!
Make: Windsor Brothers
Length: 6m +
Engine: Optimax 225
MMSI: "Mmmmm SI" she said!
Dan hi.

The images on the website are over 2 years old now and the RIB has developed significantly since then. There are lots of pics of it on here.

Mine is designated a 6.25M, but thats an internal measurement, so its over 6.5M in reality nearly 7 with the tubes behind the transom.

I find it a great sea boat, the only real issue is that with the 200HP on the back it tends to like to stand up on its stern a bit too often if you are not careful. I cruise @25 - 30knts most of the time using @1.25l a mile, but she tops out at just over 50knots using loads of juice.
They are not built to be an all out speed merchant and I'm surprised at the speed you've given.

The boats are really commercial boats, so are built very strong but heavy and can smetimes be a bit lacking in finish quality compared to a more leisure orientated boat, however thats just what I wanted as I gutted it and started again.

You'll find loads of help on here, and I live only a few miles from the factory if you need any help. Colin and Malcolm at Windsor Bros are nice people, although a few on here wouldn't agree, I get on with them OK.

You are always welcome to PM me with anything specific.

Nasher.
Old 11 May 2009, 17:32   #5
J S

Town: N.Wales/Southampton
Make: Zodiac
Length: 3m +
Engine: Honda 15hp
Welcome Dan

Congrats on the new rib, great choice Im James who you did ur pb2 with btw.

James