Old 31 October 2017, 06:34   #1

Town: teesside
Boat name: magic
Make: humber 5.5
Length: 5m +
Engine: mariner 115
MMSI: 232012453
new toy maybe

well looks like my short ownership of a fast fisher is coming to an end .a descent enough boat but not for me . and with cash about to set my pockets on fire I have in my sights (ducks for cover) a 2007 valiant v570 very low hour use fantastic condition with a 8 hour mercury 100 efi sat on a brand new de graaf trailer .for around 12k now I am expecting most folk to say I can do lots better but how bad can it really be bearing in mind I am mostly a leisure fair weather type of mariner I wont set of out if its blowing over 14mph and looks choppy I wont be going 20 miles out just local up and down the coast stuff bit of fishing and a few west coast holidays each year .iv done a bit of internet research and although the smaller valiants have mixed press I cant find much on the 570.apart from company details that there part of a massive marine based corporation and have been producing boats in big numbers for a long time. has any one owned one
Old 31 October 2017, 21:06   #2

Town: York
Boat name: Spare Rib
Make: Zodiac Pro Open 550
Engine: Yamaha 100hp
Will you be using this out of the Yacht Club at Hartlepool?

From your profile I am guessing your old boat is the one on the club website when you get to the webcam menu?

Joined THYC in August so maybe will catch up with you next year as I will be looking to do similar outings that you mention.

Cheers
Old 31 October 2017, 21:53   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbux View Post
Will you be using this out of the Yacht Club at Hartlepool?

From your profile I am guessing your old boat is the one on the club website when you get to the webcam menu?

Joined THYC in August so maybe will catch up with you next year as I will be looking to do similar outings that you mention.

Cheers
yep that's us give me a shout when your planning an outing
Old 31 October 2017, 22:06   #4

Town: York
Boat name: Spare Rib
Make: Zodiac Pro Open 550
Engine: Yamaha 100hp
Will do [emoji106]
Old 31 October 2017, 22:39   #5

Town: Castlebar
Boat name: Clewless
Make: Valiant DR 490
Length: 4m +
Engine: 60 hp ETEC
MMSI: Awaitng one
RIBase
I have a valiant rib Dr 490 for the last eight years. It is used off the west coast of Ireland the balance was too much to the stern when I got it. Rebuilt the boat to my taste and am now very happy with it. There are probably better ribs out there but they cost a lot more. I would purchase a valiant rib again however I would probably look for a PT 520. They seem to be rare. The hard core lads on here don't rate the valiant rib.

Regards

Tsm
Old 01 November 2017, 06:50   #6

cheers mick I'm not hard core so that's no bother the choice at the money seems to be mid to late 90,s humber ,ribtec etc with a tired trailer and a long in the tooth opti Honda 90 etc and all would need cash spending on them and are a drive to the south coast. where as this is 2007 spent all its life on a drystack or in a unit has a recently fitted (1.2 hour when fitted less than 10 hours now a year later) mercury 100 outboard and is on a trailer that's been in the water 3 times and looks like its never done a mile .and is less than 3 miles from my doorstep. all documentation both sales receipts since new outboard printout etc and most importantly to me at the moment my mrs loves the look of it .I'm sure it will do what we want of it
Old 01 November 2017, 07:59   #7
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Valiants look to be pretty decent boats generally. The ones I have seen have reasonably deep V hulls and are at least as well finished as most of the competition.

You won't be paying a brand premium for it either, so may well be a better deal than a more sought after alternative.
Old 01 November 2017, 08:14   #8
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
I think Bigmuz has (or had) one roughly that size which he was very positive about. Ian Wilson (seaskills) used to have a really big one which he also gave good feedback.

They aren’t a small factory where you can kid yourself on that the owner/salesman is a close friend as he takes your cash, and believe you are buying some niche expert product, and therefore you are very special too.

They do boats with both PU and PVC tubes. That in itself is enough to put off some of the people here. I wouldn’t assume those people have any personal experience of modern thermowelded tubes.
Old 01 November 2017, 09:20   #9

Town: Plymouth
Boat name: HAPPY NOW
Make: Cobra
Length: 8m +
Engine: Mercury 350
Don't know anything about Valiant but always remember the bigger posher boat doesn't get any more sunshine and surely that's what it is really all about. If you like it get it bought.
Old 01 November 2017, 10:01   #10
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post
They aren’t a small factory where you can kid yourself on that the owner/salesman is a close friend as he takes your cash, and believe you are buying some niche expert product, and therefore you are very special too.
Old 01 November 2017, 11:06   #11

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
Valiant Vanguard 570 Rigid Inflatable Boats

dont know if this is the same boat beerbelly gets a decent write up enjoy mate
Old 01 November 2017, 12:43   #12

Town: S. Carolina
Boat name: D560
Make: Avon
Engine: 2016 Merc 115hp CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post
I think Bigmuz has (or had) one roughly that size which he was very positive about. Ian Wilson (seaskills) used to have a really big one which he also gave good feedback.

They do boats with both PU and PVC tubes. That in itself is enough to put off some of the people here. I wouldn’t assume those people have any personal experience of modern thermowelded tubes.
Thermowelding IS the future... You can QC a tube the same day you build it.

Gotta wait 1-3 days with a CSM/CR tube.
office888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 November 2017, 16:30   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffstevens763@g View Post
Valiant Vanguard 570 Rigid Inflatable Boats

dont know if this is the same boat beerbelly gets a decent write up enjoy mate
that's the feller but the one I'm getting has more space behind the bench seat the console and seat are pretty much mid ship
Old 01 November 2017, 16:47   #14

Town: Dublin
I had a v520 vanguard for 4 years. I used it mostly on the west coast of Ireland. It was a practical easy to use rib. It doesn’t have a deep v Hull. It worked really well for us and the main downside was the lack of storage. I would recommend one without hesitation
Old 01 November 2017, 16:50   #15

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
that's the feller but the one I'm getting has more space behind the bench seat the console and seat are pretty much mid ship
Scope to move the helm forward it says that's a good feature and a cooler for the tinnies