Old 27 July 2018, 21:58   #1

Length: under 3m
New RIB tender

Looking for an inflatable (with oars) to take out to the 7.4 RIB....and then the family off to beaches. Big enough to ferry a group...but small enough to pack down easily into a bag on deck. The RIB deck has plenty of storage space with the old life raft gone.

I see suggestions on used Avon’s in the archives, but I need to buy quickly so something new in online stores preferred. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6085.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	222.3 KB
ID:	126095
Old 28 July 2018, 05:53   #2

Town: Ipswich
Boat name: Click and Collect
Make: Valiant and Narwhal
Length: 4m +
Engine: Outboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb33 View Post
Looking for an inflatable (with oars) to take out to the 7.4 RIB....and then the family off to beaches. Big enough to ferry a group...but small enough to pack down easily into a bag on deck. The RIB deck has plenty of storage space with the old life raft gone.

I see suggestions on used Avon’s in the archives, but I need to buy quickly so something new in online stores preferred. Attachment 126095
Perhaps an anchor Buddy and beech the rib, Take off passengers and then let the anchor buddy do its thing
Old 28 July 2018, 05:59   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
Perhaps an anchor Buddy and beech the rib, Take off passengers and then let the anchor buddy do its thing

Still need a tender to get out to the swinging mooring and many of the finest sand beaches are very rocky.
Old 28 July 2018, 07:18   #4

Make: Zodiac
Engine: Scull
Quote:

I see suggestions on used Avon’s in the archives, but I need to buy quickly so something new in online stores preferred. Attachment 126095
One of the 3D tenders is probably going to be my next choice, very light which makes all the difference when dragging the tender around and maybe back onto the RIB to deflate and store (compacts down to a rucksack size) - although I'm aware there probably not as durable nor have the longevity of a standard construction tender. We use a little 12v pump to blow our current tender up and then just reach final pressure with a foot pump, takes 2 mins
Old 28 July 2018, 12:35   #5

Quote:
One of the 3D tenders is probably going to be my next choices:

[emoji120]

They look the business and pack into a metre long bag. But it’s a bewildering range. Something like this below, maybe?

https://oceanfirstmarine.co.uk/colle...in-vib-air-330

We need to ferry a family of five (and dogs!)....but maybe this is overkill for a tender using oars only?
Old 28 July 2018, 13:22   #6

Town: Porchfield
Boat name: Katie
Make: Stingher
Length: 10m +
Engine: Verado 350 x 2
Quote:
Still need a tender to get out to the swinging mooring and many of the finest sand beaches are very rocky.
+1
I’m sure the anchor buddy has its uses but I’d always carry a tender, very versatile - be it ice cream runs to the beach for the kids or exploring a rocky cave ridden coastline, we nipped to Lulworth cove last weekend and once anchored up we then inflated our tender ( zodiac cadet / torqeedo 1003 ) and spent a few hours looking along the Jurassic coast, cracking day
Old 28 July 2018, 13:29   #7

Town: Porchfield
Boat name: Katie
Make: Stingher
Length: 10m +
Engine: Verado 350 x 2
Quote:
[emoji120]

They look the business and pack into a metre long bag. But it’s a bewildering range. Something like this below, maybe?

https://oceanfirstmarine.co.uk/colle...in-vib-air-330

We need to ferry a family of five (and dogs!)....but maybe this is overkill for a tender using oars only?
Looks great, my only compliant about our current tender, a zodiac 2.4, is the weight. Got a 3.5 Hp 4 stroke and a torqeedo elec outboard, keep finding myself always taking the torqeedo out, great little bit of kit, doesn't wee oil / fuel everywhere and no pull starting, very easy for the kids to use ( under supervision of course )
Old 28 July 2018, 17:05   #8

Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 70hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
RIBase
The Avon inflatable boats are great, hypalon tubes, no solid transom and will transport 3-4 at a time to shore. Importantly they fold down to go back into a drawstring bag after use.

If you can't wait, and space isn't an issue on board, the Zodiac Fastroller Acti-V looks good. Available in 2.85m through to 3.6m. Only disadvantage is a solid transom. You can add an outboard I suppose, but quite honestly rowing us the way to go. No need to work about outboard storage, and just concentrate on the minimum of fuss to get to shore. These are PVC boats, but if you look after it, it'll last.
Old 28 July 2018, 17:20   #9

Town: Dublin
Length: 5m +
Hi Paul, check out this place, based in swords they usually deliver within 24 hours. I have the wave eco 3m. Had it 5 years now and no problems. https://marineparts.ie/boats-sports/...latable-boats/
Old 30 July 2018, 05:47   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajsimp View Post
Hi Paul, check out this place, based in swords they usually deliver within 24 hours.

Ah, good to know: thanks Andy. Their dinghies were backordered so went for this (£25 delivered to Ireland).

https://oceanfirstmarine.co.uk/produ...-round-air-250

Now back to practising knots... [emoji849]

Tags
rib