One of the things I’ve never been happy with on my Ocean was the handrails on the console.
I’d made and added the screen myself a few years ago and it was a job I’d never considered finished.
Having nothing above the windscreen meant passengers tended to grab the windscreen itself, and I had to line the top of the screen with pipe lagging every time I put the cover on.
In the days before we went off to Dartmouth this year I scrounged 2M of 1inch stainless tube from a supplier at work and cut the bends out of two old handrails I had hanging on the garage wall.
When some large penny washers I had were added to the pile I broke out the trusty MIG and welded it all together with Stainless wire.
Mrs Nasher was a bit concerned when I started the project just two days before we went away, which is why it needs to come off again for the ground down welds to be polished, but so far I’m pleased with it.
It’s much nicer to hold on to, and I’m so glad to have dumped the stupid exercise of adding lagging to the screen top before putting the cover on.
I will need to make a screen with a better shape though.
Before and after pics below.
RIBBED For extra pleasure.
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Member of the Bombard 380 Aerotec club