Old 15 April 2007, 13:55   #1

Town: Ipswich
Length: no boat
New guy on deck..

Hiya all, im new to this - as my name suggests - I have dirvenand ridden RIBs, but never owned one. I am only a student and so do not have access to lots of cash (yet!) and am looking to start powerboating as a new hobby..
So for that I am looking I guess for a smallish 3-4m RIB (preferbly with wheel control instead of tiller) that is going cheap..at the moment I have no technical experience or anything like that, but am eager to learn and hope to pick up the all the jargon!

if anyone has any tips or hints to getting a goodish craft, or can direct me elsewhere, please do tell me!

Thanks in advance, Jonathan.
Old 15 April 2007, 15:56   #2

Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Does your College have a diving section or sailing club. These are places you could gain valuable knowledge in the handling and caring of watercraft. They are also likely to own RIBs.

As for the ownership and care of RIBs, I would suggest purchasing a very cheap RIB in need of tender loving care and start from scratch with a refurbishment project. You will learn all sorts of things this way and is a great way of introduction to the pleasures of boat ownership.

I'm sure that you will get plenty of help on RIBnet as most of the members are extremly helpful.

Welcome and enjoy.

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2007, 10:39   #3

Town: Norfolk/Suffolk Borders
Make: no boat
Length: no boat
Jonathan ,
Welcome to RIBnet . During the Bank Holiday weekend at the end of May , BIBOA run their Three Rivers Cruises ( three days ) out of Levington . Check out their website or email them and ask to to tag along ( perhaps for a fuel donation ) . You may get a ride on a number of RIBS . Good experience ! If you can run to it , a second hand Ribcraft 4.8M is a very capable little vessel . I'm hoping to be at the " Three Rivers " for at least one day . Your welcome to come and crew if you don't get any better offers .