Old 24 February 2008, 10:44   #1

Length: 3m +
Need advice for 4m RIB

Hi everyone, im new to this forum, i would like some advice please:
Situation:
I do a lot of fishing / diving in my area and so i want a RIB that would:
1 - accomodate 2-3 divers with fishing gear
2 - Nothing too big, for ease of launching and trailering..i sometimes go on my own so wouldnt want to be turned off by the hassle etc...ideally a 4.2m with a 40HP outboard
3 - Hull sturdy enough to be safe in rougher conditions
4 - Im kind of limited with the choice of manufacturers, i live in Egypt and this brand, tiger marine:
Pic 1 shows the 4.2 open series with 40 HP and bench seat..im worried about storage a bit

Pic 2: shows the same boat but totally open..definitely more storage but i dont wan to break my back in rogher seas what to do??
do you think its easy to get the manufacturer to make some in deck storage to take longer gear like fishing poles?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B12.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	33062   Click image for larger version

Name:	B1.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	33063  
Old 24 February 2008, 15:47   #2

Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 70hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
RIBase
Hi

I have a Zodiac 7-Man Pro. Looks similar to the boat you've featured, in as much as it comes with an open floor plan, and you deck it out according to your own specifications. It is 4.20m in length and will take up to a 50hp engine.

I fitted a console off-centre which allows you to move forward freely. A 25 litre plastic fuel tank can fit underneath, plus the bench seat lifts up - revealing more storage space. I normally have my reserve 25 litre fuel tank, anchor, situated here, etc. At the bow there is a storage locker. Enough space for fenders, pump, paddles, rope, etc.

We do quite a bit of fishing, and it's comfortable with 3 people on board. Any more and you're tripping over tackle. I plan to fit stainless steel rod holders on the back of the bench seat to keep rods clear when underway.

Zodiac also supply a stainless-steel air-tank holder, which would be essential if you were diving. This would sit in front of the console. However space will be limited - so your best bet may be to upgrade to slightly larger boat, such as 9-Man Pro which is 15' 5" and would need a 50-70HP engine.

The boat always feels safe even in a moderate swell. However - it handles best with 2-3 people on board. If you were going out yourself, you would need ballast up front, or adjust the outboard trim angle to keep the bow down.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ZodiacPro.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	33073   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zodiac Pro.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	33074  
Old 25 February 2008, 18:27   #3

Length: 3m +
Thanks Spartacus..
i think i will go with the open model, no console nothing, just an open 4.2m RIB , now the choice of engines..
you think a 25HP will be too small for this setup?