Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > RIBs & ribbing
Click Here to Login

Old 23 July 2017, 14:56   #21

Town: Cardiff
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobuchul View Post
This might help

Thanks there is only a couple of mm in it ness to be 50+mm deep and probably 68+mm wide for the hx851
Old 30 July 2017, 20:56   #22

So as the eBay msc-20a/b/c/d don't seem to suit the hx851 anyone got any other ideas?

I just measured the radio and it's 40x65mm so the b model I ordered should have fitted.......or was it d I ordered???
Old 30 July 2017, 22:44   #23

Town: Cork
Boat name: N/A
Make: Humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha 80hp autolube
Can you not use the clip and the lanyard string wrapped around somewhere also?!?
Old 31 July 2017, 07:54   #24

I might have to do that, i bought a new bouyancy aid and its newer design means fewer places to attach to clip. Or at least ones i am comfortable with.
Old 02 August 2017, 17:51   #25

Town: Hayling Island
Boat name: Sea Drive II
Make: XS 600
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury 115 4 stroke
I was confused about which to get and they are only £3 each from China, so I ordered A, B and D. (They didn't stock C).

So here is where they do and don't differ.

External dimensions (HxWxD in mm):
A 137 x 73 x 47
B 137 x 80 x 50
D 138 x 62 x 43
In other words B is short and fat, D is tall and slim, and A is somewhere in between.

Internal height of the pouch (mm):
A 85
B 76
D 65

Construction:
In A and B, the whole pouch is made of webbing. In D, the front, bottom and back are one piece of curved webbing but the sides are elasticated.

Overclip:
In A and B, the male part of the overclip floats on a piece of shockcord that is secured through 2 eyelets and tied at the back. D is similar, except that the shockcord is secured by being sewn into the structure of the belt loop (when the shockcord perishes it will be a pain to replace, though there is a loop of material that you could tie it through instead).

In B, the female part of the overclip is fixed to the front of the pouch and can be done up one-handed. In A and D, the female part of the overclip floats on a short piece of webbing and is more awkward to do up.

Belt loop:
A is very secure with velcro and 2 poppers. B has velcro and 1 popper. D just has 2 poppers.

Fittings:
A has 2 vertically oriented plastic D-rings at mid-height. D has 2 horizontally oriented plastic D-rings at the top. B has 2 horizontally oriented plastic D-rings at the bottom and 2 horizontally oriented plastic dog clips at the top.

Strap:
A and D come with a single strap that is adjustable from 95cm to 175cm, with plastic dog clips each end. B comes with three 40 to 70 cm adjustable straps hanging off a central metal hoop, with plastic dog-clips at the end of each strap.

An Icom M73 Euro fits in A and B with plenty of room to spare. It also fits comfortably in D but the shockcord is very tight.

A smaller handset like the Baofeng UV-5R is a bit lost in A and B and the PTT switch can't be operated as it's down inside the pouch. It's fine in D.
Old 02 August 2017, 22:08   #26

Thank you Very useful I'll check which I ordered I think it was D and looks like a B might be better with longer cord. To go over the top of the hx851
Old 21 August 2017, 19:14   #27

Found a better solution and best of all it's not from china! The components probably are but made by uk based craftsmen I hope worked really well this weekend in challenging conditions

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282561042601
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0193.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	121508   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0194.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	121509