Old 17 May 2008, 23:08   #41

Town: Newmarket
Boat name: ELA
Make: METZELER
Length: 4m +
Engine: 20 Suzuki
what is the hight.

what is the hight of the seats? I have to look at a hight of probably 2' to 2 1/2'. I'm just over 6'2 and about 250lbs. Your layout is great for my needs the only difference is I want to get part of my gas tank under the back seat so I can lift the motor for trailering.
Old 18 May 2008, 19:55   #42

Town: skelmersdale
Boat name: surfrider
Make: metzeler merkant rh
Engine: 35 johnson
seating

hi dverstege the fuel tank is going to be set into the plywood over the drian section of the rear floor as in the photo s i have a 6 gall tank and it fits in superb and the engine goes on to tilt o/k the seat height is about 12 in high and i am 6ft 1in and the seats seem to be the right height for the boat as you will see from the pics the engine tilts o/k with the tank set into the rear compartment floor i am just in the prosess of desighning a seat back that will fit on the back of the seat whilst driving and to be put on the front of the seat whilst fishing i will send pics as soon as i decide what size i need the radio is going in to morrow and the engine started up to check the electrics and gear shifting is o/k the cushens will be ready for the weekend and the backs made cheers nobby
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	my boat 806.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	34851   Click image for larger version

Name:	my boat 807.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	34852  
Old 24 May 2008, 12:23   #43

This is the week.

The Metzeler is finally getting out of it’s winter resting place. The hibernation is finally over. Hoping to get it out on the water by Sun, needs to get the cob webs out of it today and tweak it. I’m interested to see how your boat handles with you so close up front. If it handles the waves good then maybe my wife won’t be so eager to sell it. Personally I love this little thing, easy to tow, takes a small 20hp and makes you feel your in a race boat, the build quality in better than I’ve seen in other ribs, and it’s small so nobody else wants to go fishing with me ( silence is golden )
Happy boating.
Old 24 May 2008, 16:49   #44

all done

i have just started the engine after the rewire on the boat and all seems well started first clik electric choke works a treat runs well now for the water
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	my boat 824.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	34966  
Old 25 May 2008, 18:56   #45

engine tilt support

i have just made a support bracket for towing the rib and without putting the engine on full tilt as the brackets are not substancial enough it is very easy to make and i have had one on all my outboards and is very efective and secure for traveling just slides onto the tilt pin and the engine clamps hold of the new tilt pin gale force 5to7 here so no chance of a launch maybe next week ps did you get yours wet cheers nobby
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	my boat 831.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	34980   Click image for larger version

Name:	my boat 830.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	34981   Click image for larger version

Name:	my boat 832.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	34982  
Old 25 May 2008, 19:58   #46

great idea

I have a support arm for traveling, hooks to motor and trailer, like your set up better. I finally got mine out of the garage. Going tomorrow and pay the marina for summer storage, it’s not much for I keep in on the trailer and in the locked winter storage area when not in use. I’ll get the motor ready and should be out on the lake tomorrow. I think if the changes you made help tame the boat down I’ll do the steering switch myself. My wife still wants a larger boat from the scare she got last year. For most people this would be and opportunity to buy a 16-18 footer but I like the small size for storage. I don’t know how it is there but to keep a boat in the water and have winter storage here your looking at 2-3 thousand a year. To rich for my blood.
I suppose your getting antsy and can’t wait for your maiden voyage
Old 02 June 2008, 21:57   #47

Out and About today in the rib.

I had the Metzeler on the water today. It was great did about 3-4k. The boat handled great and motor started on the 3 pull very impressed. Hadled nice tell the wave hit that magic number for me 1-1 1/2ft then slowed down a bit. Hope your first run was as good as mine. Sadly to say that this might be the last ride in it for my wife is still on my back for a begger one. I have someone looking at it Sat.
Old 02 June 2008, 22:25   #48

not got mine wet yet

sorry to here that you will be selling up glad you first trip went ok i have been working all weekend and i will have next weekend off hopefully i have just been geting my caravan ready for the summer i have a freind that is borrowing it next week so i have been busy getting it out of winter layup keep me in touch as to how much you get for your rib a lot i hope it is worth it because they are few and far between now regards nobby
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	kitchen 034.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	35138  
Old 07 June 2008, 01:50   #49

The guy didn't show for the boat.

I get to keep the boat. The guy was a no showe. He said that he was going to come buy in couple of weeks but after having it out last time fell in love with it again and going to keep it for another year. I have to face it with gas going up all the time the little 20 is great little motor all way round. I was told that the Suzuki by are standards is about a 25 because we measure hp at the block were Suzuki measure at the prop about a 5hp gain. True or not who knows. I figure I put about 3 to 4 k's on it and only burnt 3lt. Anyways moved my steering up about 1ft not much but I did notice a better ride. I am going like you though putting it right up front but with a small jockey seat, ( ok small box with padding ) one seat behind it, going to try to have it done July.
Old 07 June 2008, 15:46   #50

Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobby View Post
sorry to here that you will be selling up glad you first trip went ok i have been working all weekend and i will have next weekend off hopefully i have just been geting my caravan ready for the summer i have a freind that is borrowing it next week so i have been busy getting it out of winter layup keep me in touch as to how much you get for your rib a lot i hope it is worth it because they are few and far between now regards nobby
So what is covering your Chesterfield now?
Old 08 June 2008, 15:01   #51

moved the steering wheel up as far as it would go.

What a change, moved the steering wheel up as far as I could, what a change out in 2-3ft waves and didn't get near the bounce and was able to run at 1/2 throttle and still stay on plane. Got a little more spray but not bad.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	car,metzeler.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	35253  
Old 23 June 2008, 23:31   #52

nobby how did the rib go?

Just wondering if the rib lived up to your hopes?
Old 09 July 2008, 20:51   #53

weather to bad

sorry i have not been replying to you but we have been down south on holliday to woolacombe devon with the caravan skary gerney gales all the way thunder and hold ups on the motorway 7 hours to get down to the site needed a wiskey when we got their
fotunatly the weather was great after that came back on sunday in the same weather and it has not stopped raining and gales all week not a happy chappy see what next week brings cheers to you speak to you soon regards nobby
i spent the 2 weeks prier to going away putting a high teck alarm on my caravan as we found out by the police that theives where targeting our area taking caravans to take to spain to sell organised gangs and the police have recovered 30 stolen caravans up to now in benadorm and surrounding areas i have also wired it up to my house alarm
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1 camera 003.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	36240  
Old 09 July 2008, 20:55   #54
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
RIBase
Did you take the boat and if so, where did you launch?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2008, 20:57   #55

no sorry

no sorry i could not tow both at the same time and family all working at the time better llook next time the weather seems to be getting better for the end of the month so we will see cheers nobby
Old 12 July 2008, 23:52   #56
RIBnet admin team

RIBase
Quote:
no sorry i could not tow both at the same time and family all working at the time better llook next time the weather seems to be getting better for the end of the month so we will see cheers nobby
Fair enough.

I wondered if there were any decent slipways down there-Appledore is OK if the bar isn't so rough as to be impassable and I don't really get on with Watermouth Cove.

Old 15 July 2008, 22:16   #57

launching

their is a nice harbour at ilfracombe dont see why you could not launch their very well sheltered from the weather lots of day trips out in boats and fishing boats as well
Old 16 July 2008, 00:35   #58
RIBnet admin team

RIBase
Quote:
their is a nice harbour at ilfracombe dont see why you could not launch their very well sheltered from the weather lots of day trips out in boats and fishing boats as well
I did try Ilfracombe.It was so full on arriving there that I was unlikely to be able to park the trailer so carried on to Watermouth Cove that day.

Old 18 July 2008, 22:27   #59

Hi Nobby

Hope you had a good trip. It's good to be away, good to be back, after a few days and at work you wonder why you ever came back. I had two weeks off also, got called into work 4 times, and we moved to another houses. I now need a vacation. It really put a damper on boating and fishing. Woulld you know how wide the metzeler is? Mine is up to the marina and I don't think I'll get there for couple of days. I suppose you'll be getting the boat in the water soon. Take care be save.
Old 22 July 2008, 22:13   #60

old manuel

Have a look nobby, maybe to late for you thugh.
http://www.norbert-rauscher.de/plain.../markantrh.pdf