Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > RIBs & ribbing
Click Here to Login

Old 11 March 2013, 17:26   #1

Town: Värmdö, Stockholm
Boat name: Bea
Make: Aquapro
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mercury 40hp 2st
Looking for 5.5-6.0m RIB under £10 000, advice!

Looking for 5.5-6.0m RIB under 10', advice!
Hi there!
Living in Sweden where good RIB's are scarce and expensive I'm turning to UK to find one. Traveling to London or Manchester quite often for work. I'm looking for a a boat with good sea handling qualities for general family purpose, cruising the Sthlm archipelago, waterskiing, some fishing, etc. Preferably with a larger engine, 100-150hp, and jockey seating for going fast even when a bit rough. I probably don't want to go larger because of limitations on my current slipway. I would hope to keep a bit under rather than over £10 000. I will probably have to spend extra on new trailer to be registerable in Sweden and of course it will cost me a bit to get it home on ferrys. I currently have a small 4m aluminium Aquapro RIB with 40hp, I've previously owned a catamaran hulled South African Stingray 4.9 with 75hp. So far the only british RIB in the category I've tried is the Humber 5.8 which I liked very much. The sample I tried was a bit worn down though. Brands I'm considering, based on advice (rumors) on fair quality and good hulls are:
-XS-Ribs
-Tornado
-Humber
-Ribcraft
-Ribtec
Other Ribs I haven't heard so much about but seen some ads on are:
-Northcraft (one ad on a 5.8 from 2001)
-Coastline (ad on a 6.0 from 2001)
Any advice on the above RIBs or others I should consider would be very appreciated. Parameters I'm most interested in are general build quality, any typical weaknesses to look out for and sea handling qualities.
Thanks!

Patrik

Tags
rib