Old 20 July 2016, 14:16   #1

Make: Humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 60hp
Loch Lomond

I am hoping to come over to Loch Lomond later in the year with my local rowing club for the day and was thinking of bring my Rib. From what I can see I need to register the Rib and display the registration number.

What are the rules on how the number needs to be displayed? This is likely to be a one off so I was thinking of sticking the numbers to couple bits of plywood and attaching them to either side of my A frame. Would this be OK or do they need to be stuck onto the Rib in some other way?
Old 20 July 2016, 14:24   #2

You can buy everything you need at Loch. They sell plastic bit bigger than a licence plate, you put your stickers on and then tie that onto the boat.

Or make up some plates and save 10 quid if you wish.

If you launch at Balloch memorial slipway it is £15 from memory plus the stickers/plates. The facilities are brilliant there and worth the money for launching. Also buy a map of Loch from the slipway ranger station and make sure your depth sounder is set, it gets shallow quickly in places but only an issue around the islands generally and you are speed restricted anyway at those points.

Amazing place to visit so worth doing.

video here shows where our boards were. the ones on my rib (A frame) are the ones LL sells, not sure about the others but looks the same.