Old 09 September 2019, 17:37   #1

Town: Horsham
Boat name: NA
Make: NA
Length: 6m +
Engine: NA
Littlehampton Waters Help

Hi All

Having finally taken the plunge and bought my first boat I’m keen to get out on the water from littlehampton marina, however after reading info online about the infamous sandbar at the harbour entrance, the fast moving currents that push the vessel towards the wall have made me think that perhaps the maiden voyage from there should be following someone who knows their way around.

So I wanted to see whether someone in littlehampton Marina or within the local area would be interested in showing me the ropes in and around that area?

There is a nice cold beer waiting 🍺
Old 10 September 2019, 07:38   #2

Town: West Sussex
Length: no boat
For many years I kept my demo ribs at Littlehampton Marina so I know the area very well. You must keep an eye on the tides. The marina office will guide you as to when to go out on a particular day and when the very latest to get back., Enjoy the area . There are not many places to go to but if you get the weather and tides right you could do a trip round the Isle of Wight with lunch and perhaps refuelling in Yarmouth. I used to do that even with a 630 rib . I do not see why you could not as you will eventually get bored going to Brighton. We did so we moved out of Littlehampton