Old 08 April 2011, 20:34   #1

Length: 4m +
Just got a new toy!

Well, being the opportunist that I am, I find myself in possesion of a 1997 Rendova 14' RIB with a center console, sonar/fishfinder, and a 03 50hp Yamaha four stroke with electric start and trim/tilt. I came across an ad on Craigslist yesterday, and the price for the whole kit was less than the value of the outboard alone so I bought it. Now I'm trying to see how viable this thing would be as a dive boat. First, the trailer is WAY too big - as in tandem axle, for about a 20 footer or so. So I'll need to find an appropriate sized trailer and sell the one it came with. Mechanically the boat and motor seem sound so far, it's the tubes I'm more concerned about. On one side of the boat there is a spot about 4 inches in diameter that has been patched - cant tell how big the hole is without removing the patch. I'm not sure, but i think the material is hypalon. So my question is how difficult is it to find/patch holes? Are there professional outfits out there that can do patch jobs for a reasonable price?

I can't seem to find much on Rendova. They seem to be out of business. Do they make decent boats? What kind of speed do you think I can expect out of this kind of setup? Thanks for reading my questions!

Matt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.JPG
Views:	293
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	58217   Click image for larger version

Name:	RIB2.JPG
Views:	406
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	58218  
Old 09 April 2011, 01:15   #2

Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
Congrats on the purchase.

The second pic looks like a toy boat on a kids wagon...

14' RIB should be fine for 2 divers; 3 if you don't mind a bit of a squeeze. Problem is getting all the gear in. With 50hp, you shouldn't have much of a power issue.

Are the tubes holding air? If so, I wouldn't worry about the patch at this time. If it starts peeling or leaking, then look at getting it redone.

Can't help with the company profile thing, sorry.

Enjoy;

jky