Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > RIBs & ribbing
Click Here to Login

Old 08 November 2013, 23:31   #41

Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
[QUOTE=Landlockedpirate;580993Over this side of the pond it would be legal, however as mentioned your insurance company may decline a claim if you were not up front with them. [/quote]

This side of the pond as well; there has only been one report of local law enforcement even looking at the HP rating on the plate (and I suspect that one was wrong.)

Quote:
Is it safe ? In general and with care I would agree with the above comments, yes it will be fine.
It's the "with care" part that I find a bit worrisome (but part of that is assuming a newbie at the helm.) I'd suggest that the OP be rather judicious with the throttle until he gets experience with how the boat reacts, especially in chop or swell; and do a bit of research (on here) about "chine walking". Other than those two scenarios, I don't see it being an issue, since he doesn't seem to care about insurance coverage.

Me, personally, living in California, I won't run my boat without insurance. Only takes one incident (and it need not be my fault) to spend the rest of my working days repaying a judgment.

jky