Old 05 February 2017, 00:09   #1
Wiz

Town: Perth
Boat name: Cardinal sin
Length: 6m +
Is this a good rib

Looking at getting a 6.5 mt rib, it's a stingray from South Africa. Has anyone herd of them and are they alright? There is also an infanta 6.7 from South Africa which I know very little about!! Any info would be greatly appreciated. Live in Perth, Western Australia.
Old 15 February 2017, 03:15   #2

Town: Alaska
Boat name: Zodiac Hurricane 733
Make: Zodiac
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200hp - Volvo Diesel

Here is one i found on youtube

I like the stingray, nice wide spacious bow for freighting. I always have 150 gallons of fuel on my bow for my adventures so thats why i like it. The one in the video seems to be a 5m, so the 6.5 would be quite roomy. Might plow through larger waves if entering them carelessly due to the Collar being square-nosed and not tipped at the bow. Not a big issue IMO. I have never seen a Tri-hulled rib so my 2 cents on that is very limited. It all depends on your opinion and requirements for that you intend to use it for bro.

Stingray Marine Predator Rib Inflatable Rubberduck

They didn't seem to post good specifications on website, Deck Configuration, Hull Deadrise, Tube Diameter etc. Usually you can download the manual in pdf form from what i learned most manufacturers do.

I shot them an email so we will see what happens.

Otis-
Old 16 February 2017, 04:58   #3

Town: Whakatane
Boat name: Jojosrib
Make: Brig
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha f 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz View Post
Looking at getting a 6.5 mt rib, it's a stingray from South Africa. Has anyone herd of them and are they alright? There is also an infanta 6.7 from South Africa which I know very little about!! Any info would be greatly appreciated. Live in Perth, Western Australia.
I am not an expert, but my understanding is that these South African ribs are designed and built for rough seas. I think the two makes that you mention and Gemini fall in this category. Built well with a deep V hull. If you google you will find more info....good luck
Gazza

Tags
rib