Click Here to Login

Old 09 June 2017, 13:42   #21

Town: Keyhaven
Boat name: Orion
Make: Bombard
Length: 5m +
Engine: Outboard Honda 50HP
Hi chaps,

I managed to find somebody local who would sell me 5 Zodiac values this morning. I created my own value tool by by taking a box spanner and cutting a grove in the end with an angle grinder. Here it is:

It works a charm and if you need a bit more strength you can pop a screwdriver into the holes to give it more leverage. Not needed through, the values were all just finger tight. I cleaned up off the PTFE grease as advised and replaced all values and tightened the caps well. I'd say 4 of the 5 values are perfect, I think one is loosing a little air still so I will monitor it.

To rewards the hard work I put the boat on the water in Keyhaven and took it for a blast around:

With the new carbs and all the water empties from the hull it acheived 25mph which is up from 21 last week. It was a 21 kn wind and out past hurst castle it was rather rough for a quick blast.

Thank you all very much for your help.
Ed
Old 22 June 2017, 16:39   #22

Town: Galway
Boat name: Lucky
Make: Zodiac
Length: 6m +
Engine: Outboard
I am replacing valve parts on my Zodiac Futura MKII and I am purchasing the spares from Ron Hale Marine UK. Spares are reasonably priced and they supply the tube and floor valve spares. For me that is the Z60055 (valve inserts) and Z6851 (rubber seal on the valve cap.

Ron Hale Marine Ltd

Tags
sib