Old 23 January 2007, 21:07   #1

Town: Rhode Island
Make: avon
Length: 6m +
Engine: 90hp merc
info on Stingraymarine

I am looking for any info I can get on a company called "Stingraymarine". There websight is "stingraymarine.com" Thay are located in S africa and I am interested in buying a tunnel hull race boat from them. It is the mirage model. Much like a zap cat. I looked at there websight and noticed that there race boats are made out of a material called panatex. Has anyone ever heard of this. I tried googling everything but couldnt really find out anything. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 23 January 2007, 21:26   #2

Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Quote:
Originally Posted by learning to fly View Post
I am looking for any info I can get on a company called "Stingraymarine". There websight is "stingraymarine.com" Thay are located in S africa and I am interested in buying a tunnel hull race boat from them. It is the mirage model. Much like a zap cat. I looked at there websight and noticed that there race boats are made out of a material called panatex. Has anyone ever heard of this. I tried googling everything but couldnt really find out anything. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Is it run by a guy called Roy Tempest, or something similar?
Old 23 January 2007, 21:40   #3
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
RIBase
I suppose you're going to ask if it can be kept in a marina... :groan:

I had a look at their site at http://www.stingraymarine.co.za and it's most unhelpful-no pics at all. The.com site wouldn't load.

You could always ring them-or take a trip over to iboats.com forums and talk to a guy with the user ID deejaycee_2000. He's a South African Zapcat fiend and I'll bet he can help.

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2007, 10:04   #4

Town: Newport IoW
Boat name: Amean/Pronto/Rumbo
Make: Solent Rib Princess
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200hp Etec 260x 2
MMSI: lots of them
Try Colin Baldwin @ www.rib-x.co.uk as their expert range is built by Stingray and he should be able to give you more info.
Old 25 January 2007, 23:39   #5

Town: Rhode Island
Make: avon
Length: 6m +
Engine: 90hp merc
thanks

thanks tim. I did email ribcraft anddid get a reply. They said they do make there expert series. It was good to hear that the company makes good boats. I guess they are a huge supplier to a bunch of military outfits with there ribs. I am looking at a full inflatable but will be happy to know that the company does produce good products, as I stated before I just wanted to hear from someone els that has heard about them. I also was told by stingray marine that the panatex material is a pvc hybrid specificaly made by them. It is how they keep the cost of the oat down. And was told it is even lighter for more speed. Thanks again