Old 27 September 2021, 22:13   #21

Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: S/R5.4/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: Suzukidf70 2x6lp 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Haggis View Post
Let’s get this in perspective here if he’s asking these stupid questions he shouldn’t be on the road with said trailer this is why the government and police forces throughout the uk want people to sit trailer test.
I drive HGV for a living and you would be surprised how many people can’t drive cars yet alone trailers then you watch them trying to reverse well that’s another sequel [emoji1787][emoji1787].
Sir I think you need to do a trailer test and read up on the Highway Code for towing you can find this on the DVLA website there is video available to for your entertainment better to watch it at home than at her majesty’s pleasure happy boating
Your a bit late with that they just scrapped trailer tests to make way for more hgv tests

Sent from my SM-G950F using RIB Net mobile app
Old 28 September 2021, 08:55   #22

Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDAV View Post
Well only those who didn’t already have it……. Which is probably far less than half the driving population
Yup. We'll only know the true ramifications when the post '97 section all suddenly start buying caravans in twenty years time
Old 28 September 2021, 09:48   #23

Town: Poole
Boat name: ORCA III
Make: XS500
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mercury 60hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Haggis View Post
Let’s get this in perspective here if he’s asking these stupid questions he shouldn’t be on the road with said trailer this is why the government and police forces throughout the uk want people to sit trailer test.
I drive HGV for a living and you would be surprised how many people can’t drive cars yet alone trailers then you watch them trying to reverse well that’s another sequel 🤣🤣.
Sir I think you need to do a trailer test and read up on the Highway Code for towing you can find this on the DVLA website there is video available to for your entertainment better to watch it at home than at her majesty’s pleasure happy boating
Taking the test will not stop people breaking the law,I also had HGV licence ,but didn`t have to sit a test to tow with car (old person).