Old 16 July 2007, 10:05   #1

Town: Co Clare
Length: 4m +
Humber with Flooding Hull

Hi
Anyone know if Humber ever made a 5.3m with a flooding hull ( like the Seariders )
If so was it the Assault or Destroyer model ?.

Thanks

Tim
Old 16 July 2007, 11:28   #2

Town: Stanley, Falkland Is
Boat name: Seawolf
Make: Osprey Vipermax 5.8
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 150
My 5.8m Destroyer has what I guess you would might call a flooding hull? - compartment under the floor with a bung at each end? I assume you can fill it for extra stability if diving etc but all mine ever does is fill up with rain water which is a bit of a pain, as there's no drain on the transom only the trunk but that isn't at the lowest point.

Sent from my Computer, using a keyboard and mouse
BogMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2007, 11:52   #3

Town: Co Clare
Length: 4m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogMonster View Post
My 5.8m Destroyer has what I guess you would might call a flooding hull? - compartment under the floor with a bung at each end? I assume you can fill it for extra stability if diving etc but all mine ever does is fill up with rain water which is a bit of a pain, as there's no drain on the transom only the trunk but that isn't at the lowest point.
Hi Stephen

Is it designed to empty out the water when you get on the plane ( like the seariders ) and then fill up again when at a standstill or is it used as a permanent ballast .

Good to see your back on the water .

Regards
Tim
Old 16 July 2007, 14:02   #4

Town: Mudeford
Make: Humber Ocean Pro 5.3
Engine: 90ho Tohatsu
I've a humber ocean pro 5.3, it has a bung (a bit like a sink plug) at the stern. As far as i am aware it is to empty water from between the deck and the hull it water was to get in there, i.e from screw holes in the deck etc. I don't have one at the front, although i did'nt fit the boat out so there may be one under the tank / console etc.
Old 16 July 2007, 16:48   #5

Town: Stanley, Falkland Is
Boat name: Seawolf
Make: Osprey Vipermax 5.8
Engine: Etec 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMcC View Post
Hi Stephen

Is it designed to empty out the water when you get on the plane ( like the seariders ) and then fill up again when at a standstill or is it used as a permanent ballast .

Good to see your back on the water .

Regards
Tim
I've not seen a searider but no, it wouldn't empty out (though I daresay some of the water would flow out through the drainhole in the rear and into the bilge well/out through the trunk, when you were on the plane). I guess it would be used more for ballast, sorry, misunderstood what you meant I think!

Too cold here at the moment to be making use of my now fully inflated boat - roll on summer!

BTW if you are going to ask Humber this question, better make it quick as they are shortly closing for holidays through to early August, just ordered a new seat for mine and they said there would be a bit of a delay making it due to the holiday shutdown.

Sent from my Computer, using a keyboard and mouse
BogMonster is offline   Reply With Quote