Old 14 September 2008, 19:33   #1

Town: St Peter Port
Boat name: La Conchee
Make: Coastline
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzuki 150
MMSI: 235055744
Guernsey

The weather was cracking this morning and I thought I would tell you about my trip. Out from the QEII down to St Martins point and along the south coast to Saints, had fun in the swell, then back along the coast and out to Lower heads, ran up the east side of Herm and into Shell which was deserted and looking beautiful with the early sun making the sand glow golden. Up to Grand Amfroque but no seals probably too much tide and then back to Brehon past Tautenay. It was flat calm at this point so decided to do a few runs at WOT 5500 and 38 knots against the tide and 5800 and 43 knots with but I think I trimmed up a bit more. I had a full tank when I left and I think I have a 24" S/S prop. I still can't work out if that is any good but seems plenty fast enough to me! Then back home. 24Nm in 1h 20mins and then home with the croissants to find the family still lounging in there PJ's at 0900. I just love my RIB it is so easy. Must remeber the camera next time!
Old 15 September 2008, 05:17   #2

Town: Guernsey
Boat name: Monkey Nutz
Make: Cougar R8 Sport
Length: 8m +
Engine: 350Sci Verado
Sounds perfect!
I think its a bit early for seals isn't it? We used to go to Shell beach for breakfast bbq and it surely is a magical place.
Well next week I will be doing it for myself! (haven't even been to Herm this year!)
See you out there
Tony
Old 15 September 2008, 15:30   #3

Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Sounds perfect!
I think its a bit early for seals isn't it? We used to go to Shell beach for breakfast bbq and it surely is a magical place.
Well next week I will be doing it for myself! (haven't even been to Herm this year!)
See you out there
Tony
Good luck with that!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2008, 06:51   #4

Length: 6m +
We came out of Beaucette the other day and were surrounded by a school of dolphins (or similar!?) which was an amazing sight!
Old 16 September 2008, 19:56   #5

Town: St Peter Port
Boat name: La Conchee
Make: Coastline
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzuki 150
MMSI: 235055744
Herm

Tony,

Not once! you must be really depressed. We have been on ten trips, the best in July when I loaded the Rib up with camping equipment and spent four nights with my two boys on the hotest weekend of the year. Swimming down Belvoir at 9.30am with the whole beach to ourselves was amazing/chilly.

Anyway the sage from the Dorset says the Seals have moved from G. Amfroque to a reef nearer the humps, havent checked the chart to see what its called and there are six of them.

Any chance of a look at the cougar when it arrives?

Rob
Old 17 September 2008, 05:13   #6

Town: Guernsey
Boat name: Monkey Nutz
Make: Cougar R8 Sport
Length: 8m +
Engine: 350Sci Verado
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfy View Post
Tony,

Not once! you must be really depressed. We have been on ten trips, the best in July when I loaded the Rib up with camping equipment and spent four nights with my two boys on the hotest weekend of the year. Swimming down Belvoir at 9.30am with the whole beach to ourselves was amazing/chilly.

Anyway the sage from the Dorset says the Seals have moved from G. Amfroque to a reef nearer the humps, havent checked the chart to see what its called and there are six of them.

Any chance of a look at the cougar when it arrives?

Rob
Sheesh rub it in why not!!!!..HERM...BELVOIR...HUMPS...AMFROQUE...all my fav places..
ooh well Cougar will be back in Guernsey on Friday pm,look out for me....